Vectrus Deputy Operations Manager in Albuquerque, New Mexico
This positiondescription is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirementsof the program or company.
* Description *
* Job Summary: * This full-time position reports directly to the Operations Managerand directs and oversees a variety of trades and crafts staff members in theconstruction, alteration, preventive maintenance, and repair of all facilitiesand other real property, utility plants and systems, and grounds.Plans,organizes, and directs the operation, maintenance, and repair for systems,buildings, and facilities throughout the installation. Leads in developing andmeeting the goals and objectives of the annual budget, and provides leadershipto the operations staff. Performs the duties of the Operations Manager whenscheduling conflicts or planned/unplanned absence of Operations Managerdictates.
* Responsibilities: *
Essential functions of the position include:
- Exercises daily management of In-Service Work Program (IWP), scheduling, reports, inquiries, work management analysis, customer satisfaction program, customer relations, and contingency responsibilities.
- Prepares and manages work requirements during approval, processing, and completion stages of the work; recommends method of accomplishment based on existing capabilities; develops, monitors, and manages the work order priority program; and monitors work costs to ensure compliance with contract limits or support agreements.
- Ensures compliance with all operations and maintenance (O&M) requirements; personnel qualifications, certifications and licensure, as applicable; and quality program and continuous improvement objectives.
- Collaborates with engineer and environmental planning functions to prepare and execute CE programs and plans.
- Maintains close relationship with Government counterparts and facilities managers to ensure that work efforts are aligned with customer priorities and schedules.
- Coordinates joint maintenance efforts with other onsite Government contractors to ensure timely completion resulting in minimal impact to the military.
- Analyzes work activities to ensure compliance with regulations, policies, current directions, and mandatory publications; ensures identification of environmental concerns; evaluates inspection findings condition assessments, and recommends corrective action when indicated.
- Manages preparation and maintenance of work force records and reports; performs quantitative study of management data to assess CE spend, work performance, progress, trends, and compliance with standards and policies.
- Manages and ensures a continuous workflow; manages priorities and work plans, and monitors work status. Manages the recurring work program (RWP) and provides non-technical automated assistance as needed.
- Develops and administers Facility Manager program. Analyzes program activities to ensure compliance with policies, current directions, and other publications.
- Attends or delegates attendance at all installation meetings involving O&M issues and when attendance is requested by another installation activity.
- Attends meetings with project team to update and review projects, and contacts supervisors regarding special events. Conducts meetings, councils, committees, or boards for which Operations is the responsible function.
- Oversees the project Hazardous Spill Response Team.
- Plans and directs the maintenance and repair of installation buildings by coordinating projects with customers, explaining the scope of the work and impact to the customer, scheduling contractor and subcontractor activities
- Assists in the formulation and maintenance of the goals and objectives of the annual budget by working with managers to develop methods for accomplishing goals, and providing information about the impact of a new facility or renovation (including emergency repairs) on the existing budget.
- Manages staff by reviewing and submitting performance evaluations, meeting with supervisors to review employee concerns, and facilitating resolution of issues between supervisor and employee.
- Responsible for organizing and scheduling work according to work order priority; estimating work-hour requirements; delegating work to maintenance personnel responsible for the maintenance of mechanical and electrical operations of the physical plant to make sure that all systems are in excellent working condition.
Responsible for maintaining contacts with vendors/suppliers for the requisition of supplies and materials, keeping of accurate inventory, and making sure that all repair spare parts, including critical spares, are always available by timely ordering of replenishment when needed.
Recommend and plan for acquisition of newequipment in order to improve production and reduce
The DOM shall have a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 7 years’ experience with Department of Defense Civil Engineering facilities, maintenance, and operations, to include a minimum of 1 year of experience directly managing/supervising within an Operations Function.
- The DOM must have experience using Microsoft Office applications.
- The DOM shall have knowledge of project closeout procedures, preventive maintenance, construction and repair terminology and processes, as well as familiarity with Air Force Civil Engineering guidance, rules, and regulations.
- Infrequent travel might occur.
* Skills: *
- Experience with RS Means and/or WinEst cost estimating software is a strength.
- * Proven ability to manage and coordinate activities of staff engaged in planning and scheduling of maintenance and repair work. *
- Strong communication and leadership skills to enable the incumbent to work across all departments and sections.
- Experience managing or leading CE work performed by organized labor
- Skill in written and oral presentations.
- Capability to adjust work operations to meet emergency or changing program or production requirements within available resources and with minimum sacrifice to quantity and quality of work.
- Ability to establish program objectives or performance goals and assess progress
- Ability to analyze organizational and operational problems and develop timely and economical solutions.
Title: Deputy Operations Manager
Requisition ID: PEN002078
Clearance Level required at Start Date: Secret
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.