Vectrus Material Control Supervisor in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Job Summary: Thisfull-time position directs and oversees a material control function that servesas a“one stop shop” supporting the CEmaintenance shops. The MCS ensures the material control function maintains theoperating stock inventory, creates purchase requests and item specifications,manages local vendor records, evaluates and manages existing operating stocklevels, creates purchase orders, manages receipts and invoices, issuesmaterials, disposes of materials and retires operating stock line items in IAWthe AFCEC Material Control Playbook. The MCS shall report to and be under thedirection and supervision of the Requirements and Optimization Manager.
* Responsibilities: *
- Ensures the Material Control Requirements Office receives customer purchase requests, creates purchase orders to obtain required materials, performs inventory counts, conducts required research for discrepancies, and processes inventory adjustments.
- Ensures controlled access to materials for mission requirements during duty hours and after duty hours.
- Coordinates with Civil Engineer Cost Accounting for materials transactions for Work Tasks, Facility Projects, and work group requirements.
- Oversees research actions to determine sources of supply, and processes requisitions for material requests in support of requirements stated in the PWS.
- Is responsible for acquiring materials for the performance of this PWS utilizing the FD approved alternate system IAW AFPAM 32-1004, V4.
- Ensures the company's accounting system accurately controls and accounts for inventory.
- Oversees a 100 percent physical count of the operating stock inventory at least annually.
- Manages funding through the Cost Reimbursable, Contractor Acquired Parts (CAP), Materials, and Services line item for the purchase of Government owned material that supports the contract. CAP includes all materials used to complete Work Tasks, Facility Projects, and Work Group Requirements and PM.
- Manages all storage functions and establishes and maintains a material deficiency reporting system.
- Responsible for a central hazardous material storage and issue point per the current version of AFI 32-7086 Hazardous Material Management.
- Maintains a file management system to ensure contract related records are retrievable, accountable, and secure. Records shall comply with the following records management regulations for all official USAF records: AFI 33-322, Records Management Program, AFMAN 33-363, Management of Record, and AFI 33-364, Records Disposition – Procedures and Responsibilities.
- Establish baseline of material acquisition performance targets to provide for a balanced approach for material demand and availability; minimize accumulation and maximize use of residual materials.
Evaluate operating stock inventory accountability monthly; inventory reflected shall be a minimum 95% accurate, as inspected on shelves.
The Material Control Supervisor musthave a minimum of a high school diploma, and have a minimum of 3 years ofexperience in material control processes and procedures and 2 years as asupervisor of material control functions.
The Material Control Supervisorshall have experience with Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel, andmaterial control management software.
The ROM shall possess a working knowledge of material control and inventory requirements and processes.
* Experience with RS Means, WinEst or similar cost estimating software is a strength. *
- Skill in written and oral presentations.
- Ability to establish program objectives or performance goals and assess progress.
- Ability to analyze organizational and operational problems and develop timely and economical solutions.
- Infrequent travel might occur
Job: Operations, Supply Chain&Logistics
Title: Material Control Supervisor
Requisition ID: PEN002085
Clearance Level required at Start Date: Secret
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.