Vectrus Production Control Planner / Estimator in Albuquerque, New Mexico
* Job Summary: * Production Control Planner/Estimators program, plan andestimate facility life cycle and construction projects for buildingrenovations, infrastructure upgrades and new construction projects.They providepre-project planning and site walks, obtain quotes, process permits, conductinspections, close out projects, and perform invoicing and records management.
* Responsibilities: *
- Meet with client representative(s) for initial job walks to establish existing conditions, determine client needs & define the scope of work.
- Prepare detailed project scope of work to include drawings, renderings, preliminary approximations of types of materials to be used and quantity take-offs.
- Review the proposed scope of work, specifications, and drawings with client to ensure they clearly define the project requirements and client expectations.
- Prepare detailed R.S. Means Line Item estimates and proposals including detailed quantity take-offs for each job order utilizing R.S. Means Unit Price Book line items, based on technical specifications, scope of work and drawings or sketches.
- Submit proposal package/R.S. Means estimate & conduct negotiation with client representative.
- Establish and maintain project start, progress milestones, and completion schedules.
- Develop work packages for each definable feature of work and coordinate with procurement for solicitation of detailed proposals from pre-approved subcontractors for each work package.
- Coordinate with procurement for subcontractor buyout, including arranging and attending site visits with subcontractors.
- Prepare & submit project submittals.
- Attend pre-construction (including safety), progress, closeout, and other project meetings.
- Manage task order execution IAW contract requirements and project management procedures.
- Responsible for execution of work in the field, including directing and managing subcontractors, and inspecting/verifying project’s progress and conformance to schedule.
- Respond in a timely manner to all contract agreements, instructions, and inquiries from authorized client representatives.
- Enforce Risk Management practices at all necessary levels.
- Enforce Quality Control Plan and Site Safety, Health and Environmental Report status to Project Manager.
- Attend weekly client meetings to ensure timeliness, open communications and quality of task order work.
- Manage task order close-out including obtaining required documentation, pre-final inspections and As-Built drawings.
* Skills: *
- Proficient producing detailed fixed price estimates, with the ability to use R.S. Means Line Item Price book, R.S. Means Facilities Construction Cost Data, R.S. Means Online Estimating program, Engineered Performance Standards (EPS), WinEst, and other recognized estimating tools to produce detailed line item estimates.
- Extensive experience in project planning, scheduling, and estimating.
- Extensive experience estimating civil, architectural, mechanical, and electrical projects.
- Experience managing and coordinating multiple projects at multiple sites.
- Strong MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project scheduling software desired
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Ability to work well in a team environment.
Production Control Planners/Estimators shall have a minimum of 5 years of experience with sustainment and renovation project scoping, estimating, and scheduling related to each of the following concentrations: Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning Systems (HVAC), plumbing, natural gas, electrical, fire alarm and suppression, and interior and exterior architecture-related systems.
- Planner/Estimators must demonstrate hands-on experience and knowledge of at least one primary trades discipline (e.g., HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Carpentry) and have a working knowledge of the use of common construction power tools and hand tools of the trades.
- Planner/Estimators shall have and maintain Air Force Certified Cost Estimator certification from the Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT) - WENG 400 Life-Cycle Cost Estimating.
- If a Planner/Estimator does not possess Cost Estimator Certification, AFIT training should be completed within 60 calendar days after the individual is assigned to the position. If training cannot be completed within this timeframe, the contractor shall inform the ACO/COR and 377 MSG/CEO within 15 calendar days after the individual is assigned to the position along with the expected training completion date. AFIT training shall be taken at the first available course offering.
- Must have working knowledge of uniform building codes, guidance and regulations (e.g., UFC, NEC, OSHA, ASHRAE, ANSI, NFPA, IECC, etc).
- Planner/Estimatorsmust possess or be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
Title: Production Control Planner / Estimator
Requisition ID: PEN002086
Clearance Level required at Start Date: Secret
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.