Vectrus Real Property Specialist in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Job Summary: TheReal Property Specialist (RPS) provides real property services including realproperty accountability and reporting for Kirtland AFB, local GeographicallySeparate Units (GSUs), and remote GSUs. There are 6 total GSUs for Kirtland.The Real Property Specialists oversee the real property services tasksperformed by the real property team’s Real Property Technicians.
* Responsibilities: *
The RPS performs real property accountability and reportingrequirements IAW AFI 32-9002 and AFI 32-9005 through the Real PropertyInventory (RPI) data requirements for all real property assets associated withKirtland and its GSUs, covering four types of Real Property Assets (RPA Type):Building (B), Structure (S), Linear Structure (LS), and Land (L). Accountabilityis performed in the Accountable Property System of Record (APSR) which will beeither ACES RP/NexGen ITor anequivalent system.Additional keyresponsibilities for the RPS include:
- Performs all proposed acquisition methods (i.e., Inventory Adjustment [RPI Adjustment], Purchase, Exchange, Withdrawal from Public Domain, Condemnation, Occupancy Agreement, Transfer between Federal Agencies, Donation, Option to Purchase, Status of Forces Agreement) to meet Kirtland mission requirements IAW AFI 32-9001.
- Performs real property accountability and reporting requirements IAW AFI 32-9002 and AFI 32-9005 through the Real Property Inventory (RPI) data requirements for all real property assets associated with Kirtland and its GSUs.
- Reconciles annually all real property records with all other DoD Components that occupy, operate, or maintain facilities or land for which the Air Force has real property accountability.
- Conducts real property asset reviews, including a physical inventory of real property assets (i.e., facility, land, and RPIE inspections). This includes 20% per year cyclic reviews on Kirtland and local GSUs, and 100% review once every 5 years at remote GSUs. All inspections are completed no later than 5 years from the previous inventory IAW DoDI 4715.16. The RPS performs all APSR updates, asset jackets, and/or Geographical Information System (GIS) using appropriate documents (i.e., AF Form 123, DD Form 1354, AF Form 300, etc.).
- Conducts physical inventories of real property assets designated as heritage assets every 3 years (i.e., 33% cyclic inventory per year) IAW DoDI 4715.16.
- Performs proper preparation (i.e., declaration of excess [DE] checklist, transfer to another DoD agency, donation, abandon in place, etc.) and accountability of all real property disposal actions IAW AFIs 32-9003 and 32-9005, including updating the APSR.
- Prepares new, updated renewal, or terminate grants (i.e., ingrants/outgrants) for action by 377 ABW/CC, AFCEC and/or HHQ. The instrument types include leases, licenses, easements and permits.
- Determines Real Property Installed Equipment (RPIE) classification and changes in use (category code [CATCODE] changes) and capitalizes work (DD Form 1354) through engineering projects (AF, USACE or other contracted mechanism) along with work order/task processing (DD Form 1354).
- Performs evaluation of the existence and completeness of non-equity assets, both physical asset jackets as well as within the APSR for Kirtland.
- Conducts space accountability and planning actions (space utilization requests, turn-ins, and updates Space Use Data Set [SUDS]).
- Prepares, and supports audits, evaluations (i.e., Staff Assistant Visits [SAVs]), inspections including jackets (hard copies), data systems, GIS, financial, escorting auditors, and communications (both email and verbal).
- Adheres to safety standards with high degree of regard to employees’ and subcontractors’ safety.
* Skills: *
- Demonstrated knowledge of real property management, USAF experience preferred.
- Experience working as part of a team across multiple functional responsibilities.
Intermediate or higher skill level in the use of Microsoft Office Suite of automation products (Excel, Word, Access, etc.).
The Real Property Specialist shall have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in real property in the Department of Defense, City of Albuquerque, Bernalillo County, and/or private industry (Air Force real property experience is preferred). Experience should include research of real estate records, examination of titles, or summarization of pertinent legal documents. May compile lists of mortgages, contracts, and other instruments pertaining to titles by searching public records, real estate agencies, or title companies.
- The Real Property Specialists must attend AFIT Real Property Management Course WMGT 424 within 12 months of being assigned to the position.
- Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
Job: Operations, Supply Chain&Logistics
Title: Real Property Specialist
Requisition ID: PEN002082
Clearance Level required at Start Date: Secret
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.