Vectrus Section Lead Readiness and Emergency Management Technician in Albuquerque, New Mexico
_ This positiondescription is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirementsof the program or company._
* Job Summary: *
Serves as section lead. Has primary accountability forunderstanding and applying local, state, and federal Emergency Preparednessrules, regulations, activities, and tracking. Maintains, and monitors CivilEngineer (CE) operations plans and supporting documents for mobility, response,and recovery operations. Reviews and provides input to installation contingencyplans. Monitors base operability, hazardous materials emergency response, anddisaster preparedness programs, and conducts and schedules associated training.Participates in complex emergency response exercises and Emergency OperationsCenter (EOC) activation drills.Has acomplete and thorough knowledge of emergency preparedness procedures, policies,and directives associated with the federal continuity of operations, businesscontinuity planning and continuity of government and enduring constitutionalgovernment programs.
* Responsibilities: *
Essential functions of the position include:
- Provide leadership and instruction so others in the section can complete tasks quickly and effectively.
- Serve as a guide to answer questions, offer insight, assist in realigning resources as needed, and organize responsibilities for the overall section and the lower level R&EM Technicians.
- Train for, plan for, and execute responses to contingencies listed in the Kirtland AFB Installation Emergency Management Plan (IEMP) 10-2 .
- Staff the Emergency Operations Center per AFI 10-2501 Air Force Emergency Management Program , and applicable jurisdictional references.
- Provide support to the EOC and Emergency Support Functions (ESFs).
- Ensure accountability and operational status for EOC equipment, checklists, references, maps, computers, phones, modeling software, secure (classified) telephones, SIPRNet, etc.
- Serve on the Emergency Management (EM) Disaster Response Force (DRF) to support natural disasters, contingencies, or hostile attacks.
- Serve on the Contamination Control Team (CCT).
- Serve on the CBRN Response Team and be able to presumptively identify chemical, biological, or radioactive agents and package samples for analysis by the New Mexico State Laboratory.
- Complete requisition actions, receive and store equipment, maintain equipment, maintain reference library, inventory and inspect equipment, turn in unserviceable assets, maintain accountable equipment lists, maintain facilities, and prepare equipment for operations IAW AFI 10-2501 Air Force Emergency Management Program , AFMAN 32-1007 12 Readiness and Emergency Management (R&EM) Flight Operations , and applicable jurisdictional references.
Complete all tasks per AFIs, Management Internal Control Team checklists, and base plans.
The Section Lead Readiness and Emergency Management Technician shall be International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) and National Fire Protection Association’s Professional Qualification Standards (NFPA) 471 and 472 qualified at the Hazardous Materials Technician level.
- The Section Lead Readiness and Emergency Management Technician must meet the physical and knowledge level requirements of NFPA 471 and 472 within six months from date of hire and annually thereafter.
- The Section Lead Readiness and Emergency Management Technician shall train and maintain CBRN responder certification skills as outlined in Career Field Education Training Program (CFETP) 3E9X1, Automated Readiness Information System (ARIS) reoccurring training plan, AFI 10-2501, AFMAN 10-2502, AFMAN 10-2503, AFMAN 10-2504, AFMAN 32-1007, USAF 3E9X1 CBRN Response Operations Procedural Guide and all AFCEC, MAJCOM, and Installation developed requirements.
- Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
- The Section Lead Readiness and Emergency Management Technician must have received the USAF 3E9X1, Emergency Management Specialty and have formally been awarded the 3E971 or equivalent.
* Skills: *
- Has a complete and thorough knowledge of all applicable Federal, DOD State, and Local laws, regulations, and guidelines issued by DHS, DOD, FEMA, EPA, OSHA.
- Has a complete and thorough knowledge of all applicable directives such as Homeland Security Presidential Directives (HSPDs) related to emergency management and the National Incident Management System (NIMS).
- Must have the ability to analyze and resolve complex emergency management and readiness issues.
Musthave the ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing usingvarious formats, styles, and methods, and to brief large groups of military andcivilian personnel. Must speak fluent English.
Mustdemonstrate ability to use MS Office Suite and to prepare presentations,documents and spreadsheets as needed.
Title: Section Lead Readiness and Emergency Management Technician
Requisition ID: PEN002079
Clearance Level required at Start Date: Secret
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.