Vectrus Structural Engineer in Albuquerque, New Mexico
* Job Summary: * The Staff Design Structural Engineeris responsible for providing reliable and responsive Structural Engineersupport to ensure effective and efficient operations of U.S. Government ownedand occupied facilities, associated installed equipment, and infrastructure onKirtland AFB, NM.
* Responsibilities: *
- Provides efficient, effective and timely Structural engineering expertise, to include but not limited to designs for Structural and facility projects, and engineering studies.
- Designs any kind of structure so that it can fulfil a specific purpose, and remain safe, economic and functioning throughout its intended lifetime.
- Investigates both the immediate loads and demands on the structure, as well as any likely future changes, and ensures a structure is designed to withstand those loads.
- As well as designing new builds, structural engineer also ensures older structures remain safe, and often design refurbishment schemes to ensure long life for existing structures.
- Gathers and correlates basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures.
- Independently performs all the tasks necessary to complete primary design elements for engineering works.
- Proposes approach to solve new problems encountered using modifications of standard procedures or methods developed in previous assignments.
- Often working closely with architects, structural engineers are involved at every stage of a project as they use their creativity and innovation to come up with sustainable solutions to challenges encountered.
- Completes construction projects by preparing engineering design and documents and confirming specifications.
- Designs construction projects by studying project concept, architectural drawings, and models.
- Determines project costs by calculating labor, material, and related costs.
- Creates feasibility study by analyzing engineering design, conducting environmental impact studies, and assembling data.
- Produces engineering documents by developing construction specifications, plans, and schedules.
- Confirms adherence to construction specifications and safety standards by monitoring project progress, inspecting construction site, and verifying calculations and placements.
- Fulfills project requirements by training and guiding operators, and reviewing and confirming maintenance procedures and processes.
- Maintains operations by enforcing project and operational policies and procedures.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; and advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains project database by entering data, and completing backups.
Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Performs specific duties and responsibilitiesrelated to Structural engineering
Each Staff Design Structural Engineer shall have a bachelor's degree in electrical, civil, or mechanical engineering from a program certified by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) or in architecture from a program certified by the National Architecture Accrediting Board.
- Each Staff Design Structural Engineer shall have and maintain professional registration as an engineer under the requirements of the New Mexico State Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers and Professional Surveyors - http://www.sblpes.state.nm.us/
Each Staff Design Structural Engineer shall have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in facility and infrastructure design. Each Staff Design Engineer shall meet the following New Mexico State Licensure requirements applicable to their discipline:
If a Staff Design Structural Engineer does not have professional registration in New Mexico on their date of hire, those Staff Design Engineer personnel shall submit all required paperwork for licensure by endorsement, comity, reciprocity, etc. to the applicable New Mexico PE or RA board no later than 14 calendar days after their first day of work on site at Kirtland AFB.
- If any of the following Staff Design Engineer personnel do not have professional registration in New Mexico within 60 calendar days after their first day of work on site at Kirtland AFB, those Staff Design Engineer personnel shall provide licensure status (to include anticipated licensure date) in writing to the CO/ACO no later than 60 calendar days after their first day of work on site at Kirtland AFB.
* Desired Skills:*
- CAD, AutoCAD, LISP
- Design skills
- Site development
- Conceptual skills
- Regulatory compliance and demonstrated knowledge of standard building codes
- Problem solving
Title: Structural Engineer
Requisition ID: PEN002084
Clearance Level required at Start Date: Secret
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.