Vectrus Weapons Facilities Engineer in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Job Summary: The Staff Design WeaponsFacilities Engineer provides complete and usable facility and infrastructurestudy and design services for weapons storage, maintenance, and supportfacilities on Kirtland AFB, NM.TheWeapons Facilities Engineer develops requirements, designs, projectscope, costs, schedule, and risk plan to field and execute projects focused onspecialized weapons facilities.
Essentialfunctions of the position include:
- Provides reliable and responsive Engineering facility support to ensure effective and efficient operations of U.S.-owned and occupied weapons facilities, associated installed equipment, and infrastructure.
- Oversees the maintenance of all infrastructure, engineering support, fire protection and prevention services, and emergency management associated with the weapons facilities.
- Performs and supervises general engineering services to provide complete and usable weapons facility and infrastructure study and design services.
- Leads the development of work processes, tools, and knowledge resources that support the weapons facilities and infrastructure design.
- Completes construction projects by preparing engineering design and documents and confirming specifications.
- Designs weapons facilities construction projects by studying project concept, architectural drawings, and models.
- Determines project costs by calculating labor, material, and related costs.
- Creates feasibility study by analyzing engineering design, conducting environmental impact studies, and assembling data.
- Produces engineering documents by developing construction specifications, plans, and schedules.
- Confirms adherence to construction specifications and safety standards by monitoring project progress, inspecting construction site, and verifying calculations and placements.
- Fulfills project requirements by training and guiding operators.
- Maintains operations by enforcing project and operational policies and procedures.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests (RFIs).
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; and advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains project database by writing computer programs, entering data, and completing backups.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Performs specific duties and responsibilities related to weapons facilities engineering.
* Skills: *
- CAD, and AutoCAD proficiency, LISP
- Design skills
- Site development
- Conceptual skills
- Regulatory compliance
- Problem solving
- Experience working with the Antiterrorism/Force Protection requirements for government infrastructure.
- Ability to understand and interpret construction/engineering drawings and specifications to ensure all construction meets initial design and specifications.
- Strong computer skills, including, but not limited to Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US government clearance
A valid US driver’s license.
The Staff Design Weapons Facilities Engineer shall have a bachelor's degree in civil engineering, mechanical engineering, or electrical engineering from a program certified by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
- The Staff Design Weapons Facilities Engineer shall have and maintain professional registration as an engineer under the requirements of the New Mexico State Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers and Professional Surveyors ( http://www.sblpes.state.nm.us/).
- The Staff Design Weapons Facilities Engineer shall have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in facility and infrastructure design.The Weapons Facilities Engineer shall have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in study and design of weapons storage and maintenance facilities.
- If the Weapons Facilities Engineer does not have professional registration in New Mexico on the date of hire, the Weapons Facilities Engineer shall submit all required paperwork for licensure by endorsement or comity to the New Mexico PE board no later than 14 calendar days after their first day of work on site at Kirtland AFB.
- If the Weapons Facilities Engineer does not have professional registration in New Mexico within 60 calendar days after their first day of work on site at Kirtland AFB, provide licensure status (to include anticipated licensure date) in writing to the CO/ACO no later than 60 calendar days after their first day of work on site at Kirtland AFB.
- Must be a US Citizen and posses or able to obtain and maintain Secret security clearance.
Title: Weapons Facilities Engineer
Requisition ID: PEN002081
Clearance Level required at Start Date: Secret
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.