Vectrus Contracts Manager in Alexandria, Virginia
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Responsible for leading the full range of contract administration for assigned contracts. Is the go-to individual to the program team in all contractual activities. Provides expert knowledge to the team in government regulations and is the initial and primary point of contact for all contractual communications with the customer, e.g. government agencies, DCMA, DCAA and commercial entities. Under the direction of their supervisor, assists in ensuring contracts are in compliance with contract requirements, corporate policies and directives, legal decisions and opinions, and all FAR and agency specific guidelines. Identifies and resolves complex issues, exercising sound and ethical judgment within broadly defined practices and policies. Must have experience in preparing and submitting REA’s and Claim’s. May support proposal efforts to include review of NDA’s, TA’s, interpretation of the contracts sections of the solicitations, preparation of the contracts volume and identification of unique terms and risks associated with the proposed effort. Supports phase-in efforts following contracts award(s), both locally and on-site, requiring potential travel. Responsible for protecting the legal and financial interests of the Corporation during all discussions and negotiations. and interaction with customers, clients, etc..
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Provides pre and post award administration of a variety of contracts types, including CPAF, FFP, FPAF, T&M, LH, IDIQ, BPA and BOA’s, etc.
- Performs external customer liaison activities to include attendance at customer meetings, correspondence, both verbal and written with customer personnel, and leading meetings with internal and external customers.
- Makes recommendations to management to execute contractual documents such as modifications, Memorandum of Agreements, Administrative Change Letters, and Letters of Technical Direction. Reviews such contractual documents to identify scope and clause changes, funding or contract value changes, and provides input to support any risk associated with acceptance of modifications.
- Supports program teams to prepare and route risk documentation paperwork when contracts have not been finalized or during a funding shortfall while adequately determining and documenting the risk level to the corporation.
- Develops and works with internal customers to create and process notification letters to customers involving scope changes, limitation of cost and funds, operational issues, and requests for assistance.
- Involved in review of proposal documents in support of government RFPs. Also provides recommendation for changes to proposals and verifies compliance with the government’s request. At times, involved in creation of proposal documentation.
- Reviews contracts deliverable requirements provides recommended changes. Submits contracts deliverable requirements to the customer when necessary.
- Assists with A/R collections on assigned contracts.
- Builds positive relationships with all corporate departments and operational teams by maintaining excellent internal and external customer service standards.
- Assists with creation or modification of contractual documents.
- Prepares and submits Requests for Equitable Adjustments (REAs) and Claims
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Personal laptop computer, cell phone, printer, copy machine and other general office equipment.
Works in a general office environment. The working environment may require extended hours. Working conditions may include occasionally performing the requirements under certain time and resources constraints. May require periodic travel.
Works in a general office environment. Eyestrain and repetitive motion involved during peak periods of data entry. Some travel involved to project locations.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- Bachelors degree in Business or Finance with eight to fifteen years related experience, or Masters with at least six years of experience. Minimum of Secret security clearance or the ability to obtain one.
Eight to fifteen years experience in negotiating, drafting and administering moderately complex government contracts and proposals including CPAF, FFP, FPAF, T&M, LH, IDIQ, BPA and BOA’s. Experience with Base Operations Support (BOS) contracts is highly desirable. Shall have a working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations and agency specific supplements, basic software worksheet techniques, strong communication and writing skills; an understanding of the accounting system, its policies and procedures, ability to work under pressure while balancing multiple deadlines, and the ability to meet with and work with senior and middle management personnel both internally and externally.
Individual must be self starter with keen sense of detail, and strong organizational and computer skills. Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and documentation databases. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Strong inter-personal skills in a diverse and potentially geographically dispersed team environment. Strong business acumen and team partnering mentality. Contract certifications (CCCM, CFCM, CPCM, DAWIA) are a plus but not required.
Position may be as an individual contributor or as a lead with some supervisory responsibilities. Will be assigned to work with project team(s). May be tasked to provide input in assisting with the development of annual budgets for both the contracts department as well as at the program level. Following successful display of internal contracts compliance blanket delegation authority may be provided.
Job: Contracts Administration
Title: Contracts Manager
Requisition ID: VEC000917
Clearance Level required at Start Date: No Clearance Required
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.