Vectrus Jr. Subcontracts Administrator / Buyer in Alexandria, Virginia
Purchasing of primarily services, and materials / supplies in support of the ongoing programs as required. Responsible for the total procurement process – sourcing thru closure of subcontracts/purchase orders, to include thorough documentation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reviews purchase requisitions and places orders with suppliers.
- Evaluate bids, selects and recommends suppliers, negotiates price, delivery, quality and service.
- Follows up on all awards until completion of order
- Works with Accounts Payable as required resolving issues on suppliers’ invoices.
- Responsible for all documentation associated with a purchase as required by government and company policies
- Performs daily functions with minimal supervision.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Recent college grad – Business or Accounting degree preferred
- 0-3 years of experience acceptable.
- Customer service oriented, detail focused, pro-active behavior, multi-task capability.
- Must be able to communicate clearly both in writing and orally.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Due to the sensitivity of customer related requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.
Job: Contracts Administration
Title: Jr. Subcontracts Administrator / Buyer
Requisition ID: HQV000005
Clearance Level required at Start Date: No Clearance Required
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.