Vectrus Project Manager - RF Spectrum Engineer in Bowie, Maryland
This position provides support to various DoD contracts in the area of RF Communications and Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC). This will include leading a team of engineers in a variety of tasks such as:
- Design, development, and integration of systems or tools to allow for the operation of multiple RF systems in a confined space through the use of systems to minimize the RF coupling between multiple antennas or to allow the use of a single antenna for multiple RF transceivers.
- Development and use of analytical tools to assess electromagnetic compatibility of a proposed system in its intended operational environment and to aid in frequency management
- Measurement and characterization of the Electromagnetic Environment (EME) at selected test or operational locations
- Characterization of RF Spectrum Dependent systems and sub-systems
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:As Project Manager - RF/Spectrum Engineer, you will be expected to,
- conduct analyses of DoD systems and LTE systems to identify EMI impact, EMC performance, and exclusion zone,
- calculate link budget and perform coupling analysis to identify operating capabilities and feasibilities of DoD or other spectrum dependent systems,
- assist in the development and review of MATLAB algorithms to model modulation and demodulation of waveforms for communications, radar, navigational aids, and radars and to assess the performance of various radio frequency systems to undesired signals,
- lead the design and development of prototype RF systems,
- perform Spectrum Supportability Risk Assessments for DoD Acquisition Programs at various stages of development,
- interface with program offices to gather requirement information and conduct tests on DoD communication and radar systems,
- supervise the work of team engineers, and provide them with direction and guidance,
- manage cost, schedule, quality, and delivery to meet establish program objective.
Monthly travel to DC (< once a month) to attend meetings and occasionally to locations outside of the immediate area may occur,
-BS in Electrical Engineering or Physics required, (MS EE or Physics preferred),
-6 years’ experience with DoD spectrum dependent systems, antenna and signal propagation theories, and link budget and mutual coupling analysis required,
-2 years demonstrated Project Management experience required, (PMP /DAWIA certification a plus)
-Effective verbal and written communication skills preferred,
Successful candidates must be able to successfully obtain a SECRET clearance. US Citizenship is required.
Title: Project Manager - RF Spectrum Engineer
Requisition ID: RTS000028
Clearance Level required at Start Date: Secret
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.