Vectrus Director Contracts Compliance in Colorado Springs, Colorado
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Leads contracts compliance team to develop and manage contract and procurement processes, templates, training, and audit procedures in compliance with FAR, DFARS and other government regulations and applicable laws. Directs compliance of policies and procedures, FAR and CAS guidelines; supports all audits; provides internal and external customer support. Contracts liaison for all DCAA, DCMA and other government audit requirements. Acts as Government Business System Compliance advisor to Business Development and other functional areas for Vectrus Systems Corporation. Conducts Business Systems internal audits and training. Supports special projects as determined by leadership.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES: Please list by order of priority and, if possible, provide the percentage of time spent on the activity all should equal 100%.
1. Serves as the Director of Contracts Compliance. In the absence of both the Director and Deputy Director of Government Compliance, leads the Government Compliance department which includes both Finance and Contracts Compliance functions.
2. Leads Contracts and Supply Chain Compliance program and ensures that policies are current, communicated and followed.
3. Advises company leadership and contracts department on government customer expectations and procedures.
4. Primary Contracts liaison on DCAA and DCMA audits and informational requirements. Assigns team members to manage and support audits.
5. Coordinates and conducts audit activities on internal company Purchasing and Estimating System audits to include headquarters and field offices. Tests to verify adherence to policies and procedures to ensure they are effective and robust.
6. Develops, implements and conducts Business System training curriculum and activities to include contracts, procurement, estimating, and finance topics, at a minimum. Conducts training as needed during audits, formal and informal training events.
7. Keeps properly informed of contracts compliance issues and disseminate relevant information to organization.
8. Researches, interprets and maintains knowledge of all applicable FAR, DFARS, CAS and associated regulations and policies.
9. Develops and maintains tools for Contracts and Supply Chain functions using SharePoint or other IT programs. These tools may include, but is not limited to, databases, forms, templates, desktop procedures, instructions, and video presentations.
10. Participates in ongoing education to stay apprised of changing regulatory affairs that affect regulatory compliance.
11. Self-starter who takes the initiative to achieve objectives works constructively with the Company’s culture and produces quality deliverables.
12. Ability to lead team, inspire team cohesiveness, work, as both a member of a team and independently, in a fast paced environment.
13. Strong work ethic with the ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines and travel.
14. Performs other duties and assignments as required.
15. Travel requirement is worldwide and 25%-40%.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Personal computer and other general office equipment
Works in a general office environment
Physical requirements include lifting, extended sitting or standing, or other physical efforts that are normally required. Eyestrain and repetitive motion involved during peak periods of computer use. Must be able to travel to austere environments. Must be able to work extended hours, as required. Ability to access and perform work on U.S. military facilities, both in the U.S. and abroad, is required.
Education/Certifications : One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
Master’s degree and 10 years of directly related experience with the Department of Defense, DCAA, and/or Department of Defense Contractor. Must have knowledge of Government compliance issues, specifically related to FAR/DFARS/CAS regulations.
Experience in leading teams, process development and improvement, training, internal audit/inspection, and government audit compliance procedures required. Business Systems compliance experience a plus. DAWIA Certifications preferred. Minimum of ten years’ experience in a position related to federal government contracts and policy development. At least five years of demonstrated leadership experience. At least five years within a position involving direct oversight of large Government contracts under the application of the Armed Services Procurement Regulations with support service requirements. Must have a detailed working knowledge of the FAR and DFARS. Must be familiar with contract execution, subcontract execution and administration, and purchase order requirements and administration. Experience in procurement administration, proposal development, financial management, pricing, and negotiation of Government and commercial contracts.
Ability to fluently communicate using the English language: this includes commensurate skills in reading, writing, and speaking.
Demonstrated ability and proficiency in the utilization of a desktop computer, telephone, and general office equipment systems as directed and/or required in the performance of all assigned duties. Proficiency in the use and application of Microsoft Office 2010 software suite.
Proven leadership skills, the ability to be proactive, and possess excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills.
Influence: Negotiation and motivation skills are essential. Successful candidate will be able to motivate others towards business goals, using a range of influencing skills and strategies as the situation requires. He/she gains the commitment of others.
Effective Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. The successful candidate effectively conveys ideas and messages both formally and informally, in speaking and in writing. The candidate must be able to deliver clear, concise, accurate, articulate and persuasive written and oral messages, supply supporting facts as necessary and be adept at tailoring their communication to their audience. Platform presentation skills are imperative.
Conflict Management: The successful candidate will have highly refined skills enabling him/her to bring differences to closure while maintaining credibility and composure. He/she encourages healthy debate as a constructive part of the decision-making process and uses collaborative techniques to resolve conflict.
Integrity: High ethical standards and a strong moral compass are imperative. Honesty, credibility, a strong sense of responsibility and the will to follow through on commitments are critical attributes in this position.
Collaboration and Teamwork: The successful candidate believes in teamwork and identifies with the team. The candidate supports team goals over individual goals, readily collaborates with others, recognizes and values their contributions and encourages team members to support each other.
Process improvement: Understanding the positive impact of continuous improvement and process improvement and a strong commitment to using these business tools as appropriate, to enhance organizational excellence is critical to success in this role.
Travel: Must be able and willing to travel throughout the United States and Overseas to conduct training and internal audits.
Broad Guidance & Direction
Job: Government Compliance
Title: Director Contracts Compliance
Location: CO-Colorado Springs
Requisition ID: VEC000602
Clearance Level required at Start Date: No Clearance Required
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.