Vectrus Director of Capture - Senior in Colorado Springs, Colorado
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Senior BD leadership position responsible for management of Vectrus’ Capture group, including Competitive Intel, Capture Management and Geographic BD Management. Ensures that Capture teams are properly identifying and developing opportunities, building effective Capture Management Plans and executing strategies to win new business. Reports to the VP of Business Development, advising on strategic direction for key bids; develops strategic and operations plans toward the overall new business goals of the company.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Manages teams of Capture Managers, Geographic BD Managers and Competitive Intel analysts to ensure execution of strategic guidance to win new business.
- Keeps Senior BD leadership informed of developments on key bids. Coordinates with Business Areas and Centers of Excellence as required.
- Oversees Capture Managers’ execution of the Vectrus BD Process, and recommends process improvements when necessary.
- Evaluates new business opportunities and determines Interest/No Interest.
- Serves on Color Teams and MileStone review panels and advises on new business proposal efforts to ensure core competency, compliance with customer requirements and attainment of cost and budget objectives.
- Coordinates Capture activities with other members of the BD Leadership team, including the VP of BD, the Director of Proposals and the Director of BD Operations.
- Recruits and hires Capture personnel.
- Recommends the use of consultants and strategic teammates where appropriate.
- Participates in selected Government/Industry Associations and Government briefings to Industry.
- Provides additional business development support as may be required in pursuit of company business objectives.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Maintains strict compliance with Vectrus policies and procedures relating to Business Ethics and Code of Conduct, in addition to the specific procurement regulations established by the Federal Government. MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Personal computer, printer, FAX machine, copy machine and other general office equipment.
Works in a general office environment. Extended work hours may be required prior to proposal submittal or MileStone reviews. Travel required to Customer, program and employee locations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- Bachelors Degree.
- A minimum of 15 years experience in general management with substantial exposure to business development and marketing support activities. At least five years should have been in a position directly related to business development in the DoD/federal market.
Should have a good understanding of government procurement, DoD contracts, regulations and procedures, and DoD operations and maintenance services. Knowledge of Vectrus’ business lines and BD process is preferred.
Does this position supervise others? Yes
Does this position have budget responsibilities? No
If either question was answered with “yes”, please explain the scope of the responsibilities below Manages a department of up to 11 employees.
Job: Business Development
Title: Director of Capture - Senior
Location: CO-Colorado Springs
Requisition ID: VEC000918
Clearance Level required at Start Date: Secret
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.