Vectrus Contracts Compliance Associate in Colorado
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Vectrus Systems Corporation requires a government contracts and compliance expert based in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The primary responsibilities of this position are to: contribute value as a member of the Government Compliance team; counsel and advocacy to Vectrus Systems Corporation Contracts Department; and support Vectrus Systems Corporation’s strategic and tactical compliance initiatives. The person chosen for this position will be required to provide daily advice and counsel and conduct investigations on issues involving government contracts, domestic and international business transactions, and compliance with FAR, DFARS, and other government regulations and applicable laws. Works with Government Compliance team to respond to issues arising from government audits (primarily DCAA and DCMA). Interfaces with other internal compliance activities and personnel. Must be willing to travel to domestic and overseas locations, including, but not limited to, Europe and the Middle East.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES: Please list by order of priority and, if possible, provide the percentage of time spent on the activity all should equal 100%.
1. Active support of and advice on all types of government contracts, the company’s contracts compliance program, compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations and other business matters.
2. Develop or support development of guidance and internal policy for contracts compliance.
3. Develop corporate terms and conditions, articles and associated elements for subcontracts and purchase orders. Negotiate exceptions to those terms and conditions with vendors.
4. Develop and provide training within Vectrus Systems Corporation on basics of, and new developments within, government contracts.
5. Interpret and disseminate information on proposed or actual legislation and regulations, with emphasis on government contracts.
6. Develop or support development of responses and/or corrective action plans as a result of government audit findings.
7. Conduct investigations of any purposed non-compliance with Vectrus policy in Contracts, Subcontracts, and Purchasing.
8. Support negotiations with customers, subcontractors, clients, etc.
9. Implement standards for effective contract strategy.
10. Conduct investigations relating to contract matters.
11. Monitor and respond to proposed changes to the FAR, DFARS, and other regulations or laws applicable to government contracts.
12. Maintains expert-level knowledge of all applicable FAR, DFARS, Contracts, Subcontracts, and Purchasing regulations and policies.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Personal computer, printer, copy machine and other general office equipment.
Works in a general office environment. Domestic and overseas travel is required and approximately 25% but may occasionally increase to 50%.
Physical requirements include lifting, extended sitting or standing, or other physical efforts that are normally required. Eyestrain and repetitive motion involved during peak periods of computer use. Must be able to travel to austere environments. Must be able to work extended hours, as required. Ability to access and perform work on U.S. military facilities, both in the U.S. and abroad, is required. .
Education/Certifications : One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
A Juris Doctorate degree is required; in addition, a Masters degree in Acquisition/Contract Management, or Business Law is preferred. DAWIA Contracting Level III or CFCM certification is desired.
At least eight years of experience in a corporation or government organization with emphasis in Government Contracts. Preferred candidate will have additional experience in other specialty areas, such as counseling and advice, corporate transactions, and compliance programs.
Must have or be able to obtain a security clearance at the Secret level. Current passport and international travel experience strongly preferred.
Must be accustomed to taking the lead in devising and implementing innovative solutions to management issues. Committed to continuously improving his or her performance and that of the organization. A very high level of personal integrity, intelligence, drive and ambition.
A proven leader and an effective team member with well-developed capabilities to influence people and a track record of delivering successful results. Must be able to motivate others toward business goals, using a range of influencing skills and strategies as the situation requires. He/she gains the commitment of others.
Conflict management: the successful candidate will have highly-refined skills enabling him/her to bring differences to closure while maintaining credibility and composure. He/she encourages healthy debate as a constructive part of the decision-making process and uses collaborative techniques to resolve conflict.
Effective Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. The successful candidate effectively conveys ideas and messages both formally and informally, in speaking and in writing. The candidate must be able to deliver clear, concise, accurate, articulate and persuasive written and oral messages, supply supporting facts as necessary and be adept at tailoring their communication to their audience. Platform presentation skills are imperative.
Preferred candidate will have strong computer skills, to include, at a minimum, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
Upon Hire: Must be able to complete the Vectrus Systems Corporation Procurement and Government Contracts Certification within six months of hire. (Includes successful completion of one week of in-residence classroom training plus a variety of required on-line training.)
Job: Contracts Administration
Title: Contracts Compliance Associate
Requisition ID: VEC000626
Clearance Level required at Start Date: Secret
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.