Vectrus Facility Specialist in Colorado
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Supports all duties of the Facilities Department including but not limited to administrative support, mail room coordination/shipping, record keeping, safety checks, and assisting the FM in space planning.
RECRUITING JOB SUMMARY:With moderate supervision, this position provides administrative support to the Facilities organization and is responsible for daily coordination of activities to ensure efficient and safe operation of the Facilities including responding to requests for on-site building management issues, workstation, and environment control requests. This position also supports various facilities/administrative activities such as assisting in conference room set-up, site event planning, office moves, building related projects, mail room coordination/shipping, record keeping/retention, safety checks, and assisting the FM in space planning. The incumbent acts as a conduit to the property management company for all service needs.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Provide a single point of contact within the facility for gathering or disseminating information concerning facilities-related issues.
- Periodically inspect the facility (at least weekly) to insure all areas are kept in a neat, orderly, clean, safe, and efficiently operating condition.
- Initiate work order requests for building and installed equipment maintenance though property management service request system.
- Monitor unassigned areas such as break rooms, restrooms, vending areas, and building entrances, to ensure they are adequately furnished and maintained.
- Assist the Facilities Manager when conducting monthly inspections of the facility.
- Sets up or oversees the set-up of conference rooms for meetings.
- Maintains storage of office supplies, ensures printers/copiers are supplied with paper, binding materials, and toner.
- Perform new employee office set-up tasks as well as clean and clear offices following an exit notice.
- Assist with mail distribution, via USPS/FedEx/DHL and in-house correspondence, with a good understanding of U.S. postal procedures and regulations in order to operate associated machinery to process outgoing mail to USPS.
- Assists in the purchase of equipment that supports the Communications Center.
- Responsible for the maintenance and reservations for audiovisual equipment.
- Assumes courier duties during the absence of the regular courier.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May be required to work in areas in the warehouse, shipping/receiving area, or office space that might have moderate amounts of noise and/or dust.
- May be exposed to moderate discomforts, such as heat, cold and wind.
- May be required to wear personal protective equipment, when applicable.
Physical requirements include lifting, climbing, extended sitting or standing, or other physical efforts that are normally required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education/Certifications: One-year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
A proficient knowledge and understanding of business as normally obtained through the completion of an Associate Degree in business or a related field.
None required, but experience in Facilities Management preferred.
Strong communication skills, both oral and written, and interpersonal skills are required to effectively communicate with internal stakeholders at all levels as well as outside Vendors/Contractors.
Excellent organizational skill and the demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate, plan, monitor and track projects and work in process. A good understanding of the scope and requirements of the project including scope, project objectives, as well as the general role and function of team members/vendors is required to effectively plan and coordinate project activities.The ability to handle multiple tasks/priorities and the ability to work under specific time constraints are required.
A moderate level of analytical and problem-solving skills is required to address basic and routine issues.Proficiency in computer usage and expertise in Microsoft Office.Prefer experience coordinating office personnel moves and other facilities-related activities.Familiarity in AutoCAD preferred.
Title: Facility Specialist
Requisition ID: VEC000607
Clearance Level required at Start Date: No Clearance Required
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.