Vectrus Systems Administrator in Dahlgren, Virginia
As the System Administrator you will perform a variety of system oversight and networking tasks on government assets. This includes general troubleshootingas well as implementing and maintaining solutions to optimize infrastructure and network operations such as patches and ACAS scans of systems. You will analyze and identify issues on both existing and new computers or servers, peripherals, and networks. You will consider telecommunications or other systems requirements, including project specific cyber or technology needs and report findings and recommendations to developers, engineers or the customer as needed to address or correct noted vulnerabilities. You will coordinate with the team to understand functional and technical specifications and then resolve hardware/software interface problems, including defining input/output parameters, and working with the team to ensure integration of the entire system or subsystem.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Scan all systems using ACAS Security Center and upload results and vulnerabilities into VRAM.
- Perform periodic, ad hoc, and ATO scans to address changing enviornoment; report findings to the team for mitigation, patching or correction.
- Work with cyber team to ensure cyber directives are addressed including resolution of false positves and STIG/SCAP compliance.
- Install, upgrade, patch, configure, test, maintain and support operating system or other software in a production environment
- Participate in reviewing performance logs and monitor system performance.
- Install, configure and test software packages or patches on targeted government assets and ensure successful installation and network connectivity, as needed.
- Performs regular system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Performs backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully archived to the appropriate media, including regular file purge as necessary to optimize performance.
- Assist in the day to day management and maintenance of network infrastructure including log and system monitoring, Internet and LAN connectivity issues, access control management, establishing and maintaining user accounts, assigning file permissions andvirus and malware mitigation.
- Provide Linux and Windows system administration services to support government systems.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Standard office equipment and computer applications, including Microsoft Office products is required. Familiarity with ACAS Security center.
Function in a standard office environment in a stationary position (greater than 50%) Some travel required (less than 25%).
Function in a standard office environment in a stationary position. (greater than 50%) The candidate must have the physical ability to support occasional shipboard or lab work that may include carrying equipment from one lab to another, on/off ship, up/down ladders, and through small portals. (Less than 10%)
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- Must have a Security CE and Operating System IAT-II certification (or equivalent), in accordance with DODINST 8570.01-M.
- At least 2 years of experience directly related to Windows System Administration with increasing responsibilities administering client/server applications.
- At least 2 years experience directly related to Linux, including Red Hat, to maintain health and performance of physical and virtual systems on multiple networks.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot configuration problems or system issues with minimal supervision.
- Experience in the following areas: WSUS Patch Management, Anti-Virus, Symantec Endpoint, OS Upgrades, computer security and system monitoring and logging.
- Experience with ACAS performing scans, reviewing reports, and mitigating issues directly or via collaboration with cyber and engineering teams.
- Experience with HBSS; installing clients and modules, as well as reviewing policies.
- Proficiency with Enterprise level administration of common network services such as Active Directory, GPO’s, DNS, TCP/IP, and DHCP.
- Experience in COTS/GOTS/FOSS software installations and desktop workstation collaboration products and protocols.
- Demonstrated experience with Scripting (i.e. PowerShell, Python, Perl, Bash andn/or Ruby) for common system management functions.
- Familiar with DoD network accreditation processes.
- Familiar with DoD Information Assurance (IA) requirements and practices including those in the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
Job: Information Technology
Title: Systems Administrator
Requisition ID: RTS000026
Clearance Level required at Start Date: No Clearance Required
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.