Vectrus Accounting Clerk III in Fort Bragg, North Carolina
This position description is subject to change atany time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
While assigned to the Fort Bragg Central IssueFacility (CIF), The Accounting Clerk IIIis responsible for posting to registers and ledgers; balancing andreconciling supply and property accounts; verifying the internal consistency,completeness and mathematical accuracy of supply and property accountingdocuments. Reviews, codes, and verifies transactions and data entries.Accounting Clerk III researches and resolves issues, discrepancies andexceptions. Has a deep understanding of supply and property accounting policiesand regulations. This position also reconciles and verifies the clericalaccuracy of various types of reports, lists, calculations, postings, etc.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Gathers, complies,and verifies information and performs data entry.
- Examines, verifiesand corrects various accounting documents i.e. Financial LiabilityInvestigations of Property Loss (FLIPL) and Statement of Charges (SOC) toensure completeness and accuracy of data in accordance to AR 735-5.
- Performs a variety ofadministrative matters including, but not limited to, verifying statisticalreports for accuracy and completeness, compiling information, and handling andadjusting discrepancies.
- Processing of materialthrough data processing for application in the property and supply accountingsystem.
- Analysis and reconciliationof unit records.
- Performs andmaintains a manual and electronic filing system IAW AR 25-400-2.
- Assists ininventories.
- Performs other dutiesas required or directed by management.
- Job duties andresponsibilities may change due to contractual requirements.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENTDIRECTLY USED:
Standard officeequipment and associated computer applications.
Function in an officeenvironment in a stationary position approximately 50 percent of the time ormore.
Must be able to operate standard office equipment,such as a computer, copy machine and printer.
Must be able to stand or sit for prolonged periodof times, up to 7 hours a day.
Must be able to lift at least 35 lbs.
Maybe required to wear Personal Protective Equipment, such as a face mask, safetyvest, or shoes.
Education/Certifications : One year related experience may be substituted forone year of education, if degree is required.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
2 years or moresupply chain, logistical and/or clerical operations
StrongCustomer Service skills
Title: Accounting Clerk III
Location: NC-Fort Bragg
Requisition ID: FBN000555
Clearance Level required at Start Date: NACI
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.