Vectrus FORKLIFT OPERATOR in Fort Bragg, North Carolina
This position description is subject to change atany time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
The Forklift Operatoris responsible for safely operating a manually controlled gasoline, electric orliquid propane gas powered forklift to transport, load and unload from avehilcle, supplies and equipment in the warehouse area, and following allcompany directives, policies and requirements.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Follow, perform andfulfill all requirements as documented in the Performance Work Statement (PWS),any policies and procedures as directed following Vectrus core values ofintegrity, respect and responsibility.
- Works with aframework of established supply reguliations, policies, and procedures an inthe resolution of issues encountered in the process.
- Follow all prescribeddirectives as assigned by your supervisor or person in charged.
- Effectivelycommunicate with all members of the team.
- Work together as oneteam to ensure goals are accomplished.
- Comply with allOccupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and company safety andlicensing requirements.
- Perform all requiredmaintenance, such as before, during, and after operator level and safetyequipment preventive maintenance checks and services (PMCS) as required toensure all assigned vehicles are in fully operational status.
- Document and reportany necessary repairs and maintenance to your supervisor or person in charge byusing Department of the Army (DA) form 2404.
- Ensure that allrequired safety equipment is on hand and serviceable and is worn whileoperating Material Handling Equipment.
- Ensure that a groundguide (spotter) is present while operating an assigned vehicle.
- Assist any member inthe performance of housekeeping.
- Ensure that allvehicles are properly dispatched and secured at all times.
- Performs other dutiesas assigned per team chief/supervisor or person in charge to meetorganizational/operational objectives
- Job duties andresponsibilities may change due to contractual requirements.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENTDIRECTLY USED:
- Gasoline, electric, or liquid propane gas poweredforklift
- Material Handling Equipment such as PalletJacks
- Protective Equipment (PPE) , such as Face Mask,hand, eye, head and foot wear.
- Wheel vehicle, such as a box truck
Work will typicallybe in a temperature-controlled warehouse environment, refrigerator and freezerstorage units, with frequent exposure to estreme weather depending on the SSMOmission.Rarely will an employee be exposedto fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
- Work may require to lift up to 50 pounds, stooping,climbing and prolonged standing and/or sitting.
- Physical requirements include lifting, climbingstairs and extended sitting or standing.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Attention to detail, excellent coordination, andgreat interpersonal and communication skills
- Good knowledge of the operation of MaterialHandling Equipment
- Valid certification to operate forklifts
- Be safety mindful
- Ability to work independently with minimalsupervision; ability to work in a team-based, highly collaborative
- Capacity to work wellunder pressure and tight deadlines.
- Valid State driver’slicense.
- Excellentorganizational skills, ability to prioritize, perform with a high degree ofaccuracy and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able tosuccessful pass a pre-employment drug screening.
- Must be able tosuccessful pass a background check.
- One (1) year of progressive related experience, orany combination of education, training and experience which provides the requiredknowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Proficient with theoperation of all Material Handling Equipment such as forklift and pallet jacks.
Title: FORKLIFT OPERATOR
Location: NC-Fort Bragg
Requisition ID: FBN000557
Clearance Level required at Start Date: No Clearance Required
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.