Vectrus Ground Support Equipment Mechanic (CMT) in Fort Bragg, North Carolina
Ground SupportEquipment Mechanic
The Ground Support Equipment (GSE) Mechanic makes repairsto ground support equipment following orders of a higher-grade worker,troubleshooting malfunctions of GSE and Power generation using conventional anddigital multi-meters, voltmeters, load bank, frequency counters, oscilloscopes,circuit card testers, transistor testers, and hand tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(Typical duties include the following, although specificduties vary by assignment or contract.)
*Inspectsground support equipment and their components for the purpose of ensuringsafety and identifying necessary repairs
- Usesautomated maintenance data systems to maintain equipment records, and documentmaintenance actions, maintains external fuel and grounding systems.
- Performsscheduled and unscheduled maintenance on GSE and Power Generation equipment.
- Inspects,tests, and operates GSE to determine equipment serviceability and properoperation.
- Servicesequipment with fuel, oil, water, coolant, hydraulic fluid, refrigerant, andcompressed air, disassembles and assembles malfunctioning GSE accessories andcomponents.
- Removes,disassembles repairs, cleans, treats for corrosion, assembles, and reinstallsGSE components and accessories.
- Responsiblefor repair and maintenance of all ground support equipment including, but notlimited to, DRASH units, Heaters, AC systems, Generators andPumps.
- Disposesof hazardous materials and waste in accordance with all state, local, andfederal environmental standards and regulations.
- Operates,cleans, inspects, and services GSE towing vehicles; provides dispatch servicefor GSE, including positioning equipment to support aircraft maintenance andflying operations.
- Practicesgood housekeeping, tool control, Foreign Object Damage prevention and safety atall times.
- Additionalresponsibilities include working with a variety of repair and test equipmentincluding welders, torches, pressure testers and electrical testers to name afew.
- Performsother duties as assigned.
*3 years in one or more of the maintenance trades or theequivalent.
*High school diploma or equivalent.
*Should be proficient in electrical troubleshooting andrepair of aviation ground support equipment such as mobile electric powerplants, generators, air conditioners, heater units and other self-propelled/non-self-propelledequipment.
*Must be able to climb up and down ladders and stairs aswell as bend, twist, pull, push and lift items weighing approximately 100 lbs.
Title: Ground Support Equipment Mechanic (CMT)
Location: NC-Fort Bragg
Requisition ID: FBN000117
Clearance Level required at Start Date: NACI
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.