Vectrus Heavy Equipment Mechanic (CMT) in Fort Bragg, North Carolina
The Heavy Equipment Mechanic analyzes malfunctions andrepairs, overhauls major assemblies of internal combustion automobiles, buses,trucks, or tractors. Rebuilds and maintains power equipment, such as cranes,power shovels, scrapers, paving machines, motor graders, trench-digging machines,conveyors, bulldozers, dredges, pumps, compressors and pneumatic tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Operates and inspects machines or equipment to diagnosedefects.
• Dismantles and reassembles equipment, using hoists andhand tools, examines parts for damage or excessive wear using micro meters andgauges.
• Replaces defective engines and sub-assemblies such astransmissions and tests overhauled equipment to insure operating efficiency.
• May direct workers engaged in cleaning parts andassisting with assembly and disassembly of equipment.
• Performs other duties as assigned to meetorganizational/operational objectives.
• Job duties and responsibilities may change due tocontractual requirements.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Must have two (3) years of related experience.
• Working knowledge of the appropriate tools necessary to perform maintenance tasks.
• Knowledgeable of standardized supply regulations, policies, and procedures and other applicable guidance relating to receipt and/or issue of stock or property items.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; ability to work in a team-based, highly collaborative environment.
• Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize, perform with a high degree of accuracy and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
* Must be able to climb up and down ladders and stairs as well as bend, twist, pull, push and lift items weighing approximately 100 lbs.
* Must be able to perform all job functions in variable weather conditions as well as in environmental conditions such as jet engine fumes, vehicle emissions and dust. HEM mechanics must be able to work with hazardous chemicals such as cleaning solvents, paints, thinners, and fumes.
*Must possess a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
Title: Heavy Equipment Mechanic (CMT)
Location: NC-Fort Bragg
Requisition ID: FBN000118
Clearance Level required at Start Date: No Clearance Required
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.