Vectrus Maintenance Trades Helper (CMT) in Fort Bragg, North Carolina
The Maintenance Trades Helper performs generallabor duties, operates equipment and assists other workers to complete facilityand equipment projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
*Keepingthe technician supplied with materials and tools
*Cleaning working area, machine(s) andequipment
*Assisting technicians by holding materials ortools and performing other entry level tasks as directed by technician. Mayperform specialized machine duties. Successful candidate will be responsive andreliable, detail-oriented, have good judgment and excellent problem solvingskills and be punctual. Essential Skills and Capabilities:
*Skilled in maintenance trades, preferablyfamiliar with automotive maintenance.
*Knowledge/awarenessof safety issues and ability to perform duties in strict compliance with OSHArules
*Abilityto work both independently with little supervisory direction and as a teamplayer
*Ability to apply common sense understanding tocarry out instructions furnished in English (written, oral and/or diagram form)
*Goodjudgment and problem solving skills
Must possess a valid driver’s license
High School Diploma or GED equivalent, required.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in a trade trade, preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and understand English. Knowledge of technical drawings is a plus.
- Essential Skills and Capabilities:
- Skilled in a maintenance trade.
- Knowledge/awareness of safety issues and ability to perform duties in strict compliance with OSHA rules
- Ability to work both independently with little supervisory direction and as a team player
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in English (written, oral and/or diagram form)
- Good judgment and problem solving skills
- Ability to interact with both co-workers and clients in a courteous and professional manner
Ability to work productively with other staff in the workplaceWorking Conditions:
There may be times when an employee is exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions.
- Employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Title: Maintenance Trades Helper (CMT)
Location: NC-Fort Bragg
Requisition ID: FBN000119
Clearance Level required at Start Date: No Clearance Required
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.