Vectrus Material Coordinator in Fort Bragg, North Carolina
This position description is subject to change atany time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
The Material Coordinatoris concerned with coordinating and managing theefficient flow of materials and customers; preparing and arranging materialsand equipment for distribution, issue, retrograde and/or storage; moving,loading and/or unloading equipment, materials, and products; driving andmaintaining forklifts and related material-handling equipment.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Coordinates, andexpedites the flow of material within or between departments and/or sections inaccordance with mission requirements, shipping schedules or supervisors’priorities.
- Creates productionschedules and confers with supervisors to determine and locate required oroverdue material.
- Requisition materialand establishes delivery sequences to departments and/or sections.
- Anticipateavailability of material; schedules internal and external transfers of materialto meet requirements schedules.
- Apply knowledge ofmaterial, processes, and information systems to compile reports and solvediscrepancies.
- Coordinates thetransportation of material from one department and/or section to another, usingmaterial-handling equipment.
- Compiles and reviewsrecords in order to locate material using manual or computerized systems.
- Oversees and conductsall inventories.
- Ensures all workareas are clean daily.
- Coordinates andmanages the upkeep and maintenance of the facility, equipment and otherwarehouses.
- Ensures that allsafety precautions are adhered to at all times.
- Performs other dutiesas required or directed by management.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENTDIRECTLY USED:
Standard officeequipment, associated computer applications.
- Use of PersonalProtective Equipment (PPE) such as face mask, safety vest, steel or compositeshoes/boots, safety gloves, hard hat and eyewear in certain areas.
Work will typicallybe in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure toelectronic office equipment. There may be times when an employee is exposed toextreme cold or hot weather conditions. PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
Must be able to lift amaximum of 40 pounds.
- Must be able to operatein a warehouse and outdoor type environment.
- Must be able to walkon uneven ground and within work various sites 6-8 hours a day in performanceof duties.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid State Driver’sLicense without restrictions SECURITY CLEARANCE:
- Must be able to successfullypass background check.
- Must be able tosuccessfully pass a pre-employment drug test
- NAC-I clearancerequired. Experience :
- Four (4) years ormore experience in warehouse operations.
- Four (4) years ormore forklift experience
- Possess high ethicalstandards and demonstrate professionalism.
- Ability to workindependently or in a team-based, highly collaborative environment.
- Strong written andverbal communications skills; ability to interact at all levels.
- Other duties asassigned to meet organizational/operational objectives. Skills :
- Proficient in using acomputer and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) SUPERVISORY/BUDGETRESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
Title: Material Coordinator
Location: NC-Fort Bragg
Requisition ID: FBN000556
Clearance Level required at Start Date: NACI
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.