Vectrus Shipping/Receiving Clerk (ASP) in Fort Bragg, North Carolina
The Shipping/Receiving Clerk performs clerical and physicaltasks in connection with shipping goods of the installation in which employedand receiving incoming shipments. This position may direct and coordinate theactivities of other workers engaged in handling goods to be shipped or beingreceived.
EssentialDuties and Responsibilities:
• Verifies that orders are accurately filled by comparingitems and quantities of goods gathered for shipment against documents.
• Ensures that shipments are properly packaged, identifiedwith shipping information, and loaded into transporting vehicles.
• Prepares and keeps records of goods shipped, e.g.,manifests, bills of lading.
• Verifies the correctness of incoming shipments bycomparing items and quantities unloaded against bills of lading, invoices,manifests, storage receipts, or other records.
• Checks for damaged goods; ensuring that goods areappropriately identified for routing to departments within the installation.
• Other duties may be assigned to meetorganizational/operational objectives.
• Job duties and responsibilities may change due tocontractual requirements.
• High School Diploma
• Knowledge of warehousing storage layouts, basicwarehousing functions.
• Knowledge of U.S. Army warehouse and stock accountingprocedures as it applies to ammunition.
• Must be able to operate hand or power trucks inperforming warehousing duties.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
• Forklift OSHA Operator Training
• Prior experience working in a US Army Ammunition SupplyPoint (APS) preferred.
• Prior Enlisted 89B (former 55B) series U.S. ArmyMilitary Occupational Specialty Experience or equivalent.
• NACI Clearance
• Valid Driver’s License
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize,perform with a high degree of accuracy and multi-task in a fast-pacedenvironment.
• Specific contractual requirements regarding educationand experience prevail where applicable.
• Work is conducted in close proximity to ordnance,explosives and incendiary materials.
Title: Shipping/Receiving Clerk (ASP)
Location: NC-Fort Bragg
Requisition ID: FBN000114
Clearance Level required at Start Date: NACI
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.