Vectrus Truck Driver, Heavy (HAZMAT) in Fort Bragg, North Carolina
This position description is subject to change atany time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
The Truck Driver ensures safe operation of trucksbased on individual’s qualification, rated capacity, and endorsements totransport materials, merchandise, equipment, or workers between variouslocations or establishments. This position conducts before, during and afterpreventive maintenance checks and services and inspects equipment to ensureit’s clean and in good working order. This position will operate any singlevehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of 26,001 pounds, or more,and any such vehicle towing a vehicle with a GBWR not in excess of 10,000pounds.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Complies with all Departmentof Transportation (DOT), North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles (NCDMV), andVectrus safety and licensing requirements
- Performs before/during/after,operator level preventive maintenance checks and services (PMCS) and otherapplicable safety checks/inspections
- Ensures all safety equipmentis on-hand and serviceable
- Loads and unloads trucks, orhelps others with loading/unloading, operating any special loading relatedequipment on vehicle and other equipment as necessary
- Performs other tasks asassigned by management
- Ensures all load-relateddocumentation is complete and accurate
- Work flexible shiftsincluding weekends and holidays; and works overtime as required
- Other duties may be assignedto meet organizational/operation objectives
- Delivered diesel fuel tovarious sites as assigned
- Maintained driver log and pre& post trip on tractor and trailers.
- Planned, organized andprioritized work to ensure on time deliveries.
- Adhered to company policiesand protocol.
- Safely and efficiently loadgas products no spills worst first
- Maintain DOT compliance
- Job duties andresponsibilities may change due to contractual requirements
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENTDIRECTLY USED:
Computer, multiline telephone and a portable 2way radio
Drivers work mostly outside and operate vehicles in all kindsof weather in a controlled traffic environment
Driversmay be exposed to dirt, fumes,inclementweather, extreme heat and cold, high/low humidity, blowing sand and dust
Driversmay workin confined spaces and at heights
Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds andrequired to wear Personal Protective Safety Gear, such as a safety vest, safetyshoes, and gloves in required areas
HighSchool Diploma or equivalent
ValidCommercial Driver’s License with Tanker and Fuel Handling Endorsement
CurrentMedical Examiner’s certificate and/or medical variance documents (i.e. Vison,Skills Performance or Diabetic waivers, or other exemptions)
Specificcontractual requirements regarding education and experience prevail whereapplicable.
Mustbe able to successful pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Two(2) years of Truck Driving/Tractor-Trailer/Fuel Tankers preferred
Musthave experience and comprehensive knowledge of governing regulations, policies,procedures and instructions in Supply Management.
Ableto operate a 2500 gallon and/or above fuel tanker
Title: Truck Driver, Heavy (HAZMAT)
Location: NC-Fort Bragg
Requisition ID: FBN000554
Clearance Level required at Start Date: No Clearance Required
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.