Vectrus Construction Surveillance Technicians in Hawaii
- The Construction Surveillance Technician will observe non-clearedconstruction workers for any intrusion of hostile or non-permitted materials into a federal government construction project.
- Qualified candidates will have experience working in a MILCON construction environment assisting with the control of personnel access to and from Construction sites. This is a full-time position reporting directly to the Program Manager. As a Construction Surveillance Technician (CST) he/she will be on the job site during construction to assist with maintaining the security of the construction site. This position demands an individual who is detail oriented, fair, ambitious, ethical, and professional to Owners, Architects, and construction personnel alike. This position requires extensive travel for extended periods of time in both CONUS and OCONUS locations.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES: Please list by order of priority and, if possible, provide the percentage of time spent on the activity all should equal 100%.
- Oversee and analyze all construction activities to ensure the facility has been constructed in accordance with the project specific Design / Blueprints, ICD-705 Accreditation Requirements, DoD Physical Security Requirements, and Anti-Terrorism/Force Protection (ATFP) considerations.
- Analyze individual construction activities, workers, and operations to verify compliance with standard construction and engineering practices.
- Perform assessments of the architectural layout, the structural design, and the MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing) systems to ensure compliance with project plans and to identify anomalies / abnormalities that could facilitate the penetration of the facility by Foreign Intelligence Services.
- Monitor the activities of all construction workers and personnel on the Secure Construction Site at all times. Document the construction activities of all persons on the Secure Construction Site.
- Document all security incidents that occur on the Secure Construction Site.
- Perform in-depth inspections of construction materials, tools, and equipment prior to and after their use / installation ensuing all items are free of tampering and identifying all anomalies.
- Material inspections will include use of specialized equipment including, but not limited to, the Non-Linear Junction Detector, Spectrum Analyzer, and Portable X-Ray machine.
- Identify anomalies and variances in finished construction work against the official project construction plans. Perform access control functions, including personnel and bag searches, preventing the entry of unauthorized persons, materials, and equipment.
- Carry out opening and closing procedures of the Secure Construction Site each day as directed by the SSM.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- Active US Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance
- Department of State or Department of Defense Construction Surveillance Technician Certificate
- High school diploma and five years of relevant experience as a Construction Surveillance Technician
- US citizenship
- Experience with computers, especially Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Knowledge of building and construction crafts
- Good written communication (English) and organizational skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Must have at least three (3) years of security experience specifically related Secure or SCIF construction.
- Previous experience with DOD construction projects
- OSHA 10-Hr Safety Course
- Prior deployment experience
Title: Construction Surveillance Technicians
Requisition ID: PEN001434
Clearance Level required at Start Date: TS/SCI
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.