Vectrus Security Manager in Hawaii
- Oversee all construction works while on the project construction site to ensure compliance with all security and safety regulations. Promote worksite security and safety by applying knowledge of SCIF construction security industry processes and security policies (ICD-705/DoD Directives).
- Conduct daily analysis of all personnel accessing the construction site to identify changes in patterns, habits, tendencies, and/or routines consistent with previous daily interactions and other projects within the SCIF construction security industry. Perform analysis of security violations to determine false alarms, penetration attempts, design flaws, and technical equipment failures. Conduct routine site assessments to identify security and safety concerns before an incident occurs.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES: Please list by order of priority and, if possible, provide the percentage of time spent on the activity all should equal 100%.
- Provide expert risk mitigation recommendations and assessments to site superiors for adjudication of identified concerns and appropriate application. Perform access control functions at all vehicle and pedestrian entrances to the site during hours of operations.
- Submit a weekly written report/summary of any associated deficiencies/issues as well as recommendations for mitigation/remedies to the government.
- Screening all workers, vehicles, and equipment entering or exiting the site.
- Denying introduction of prohibited materials such as explosives, weapons, electronic devices, or other items as specified by the SSM or designee.
- Conducting random inspections of all site areas to ensure no prohibited materials have been brought on to the site.
- All suspicious materials or incidents shall be brought to the attention of the SSM or designee.
- Monitor the Close Circuit Television (CCTV) and intrusion detection system.
- Perform other security related duties as required by the SSM or his designee such as roving patrols, personnel and vehicle escorts.
- Monitor the activities of all construction workers and personnel on the Secure Construction Site at all times. Document the construction activities of all persons on the Secure Construction Site.
- Document all security incidents that occur on the Secure Construction Site.
- Perform in-depth inspections of construction materials, tools, and equipment prior to and after their use / installation ensuing all items are free of tampering and identifying all anomalies.
- Material inspections will include use of specialized equipment including, but not limited to, the Non-Linear Junction Detector, Spectrum Analyzer, and Portable X-Ray machine.
- Identify anomalies and variances in finished construction work against the official project construction plans. Perform access control functions, including personnel and bag searches, preventing the entry of unauthorized persons, materials, and equipment.
- Carry out opening and closing procedures of the Secure Construction Site each day as directed by the SSM.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- Active US Secret Security Clearance
- Must have at least three (3) years of physical security, technical security, and /or security management experience. Must hold a valid certificate for the completion of a physical security training course or similar training certification. Must be able to stand, sit, bend, walk, kneel, and other related physical activities for long periods of time.
- Must have a solid understanding of the ICD/ICS-705 (version September 28, 2017).
- High school diploma and five years of relevant experience
- Experience in technical surveillance techniques and procedures and knowledge of foreign intelligence and counterintelligence devices and techniques.
- Department of State or Department of Defense Construction Surveillance Technician Certificate
- Understands and can assess construction terminology, procedures and practices. Understands and can assess industrial or government security requirements.
- US citizenship
- Experience with computers, especially Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Knowledge of building and construction crafts
- Good written communication (English) and organizational skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Preferred qualifications include: worked on three (3) or more ICD-705 construction projects in the past.
- Must have at least three (3) years of security experience specifically related Secure or SCIF construction.
- Previous experience with DOD construction projects
- OSHA 10-Hr Safety Course
- Prior deployment experience
Title: Security Manager
Requisition ID: PEN001487
Clearance Level required at Start Date: Secret
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.