Vectrus Fire Truck Mechanic/Emergency Vehicle Technician III (In Kuwait) in Los Angeles, California
Emergency Vehicle Technician III (EVT III) trained specifically to maintain and repair firefighting equipment and emergency vehicles, including fire engines, tenders, tankers, rescue, flight line assets, foam systems, dry chemical systems, hazmat response vehicles and utility vehicles all known as firefighting apparatus. Perform master mechanic level duties as required.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Diagnose, adjust, repair and service and service a variety of firefighting equipment and emergency vehicles systems to include the following:
Fire Engines, Tenders, tankers, rescue, flight line assets, foam systems, dry chemical systems, hazmat response vehicles and utility vehicles
3. Heating and air conditioning, engine emissions, suspension and steering, braking and electrical systems
4. disassembles fire truck apparatus and accessories, make required repairs or replace parts such as Brakes, repairs or shoes replacement, pads , drums, hoses, calipers, and heavy duty air brakes,
5. Electrical repairs or replace fuses, batteries, lights instruments, warning devices, controls and switches, modules, alternators, starter, and defective cables and wiring.
6. Inspect and maintains hoses, fire extinguishers and other specialiezed equipment.
7. Repairs/replaces all pumps, valves, control devices and accociated equipment specific to firefighting apparatus
8. Inspect and repair specialized equipment such as foam systems and dry chemical systems.
- Maintains service logs and records of fire truck apparatuses.
- Keeps tools equipment and work area clean organized and in good working condition.
- Lead the work effort, train and mentor suborbinate EVT personnel.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Computer, multiple log books, general tools, special tools, shop equipment, diagnostic equipment and software, key and remote tags and general office supplies.
Work is generally conducted in an office environment. However, duties may occasionally involve working outside with a potential exposure to extreme temperatures. Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices. Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
Work may require heavy lifting up, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents. Confined space entry.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- High School Graduate
- Emergency Vehicle Technician LV I thru II
- Must meet the qualifications as defined in NFPA 1071 Standard for Emergency Vehicle Technician Professional Qualifications for EVT I,II and III.
- Emergency Vehicle Technician LV III
- Automotive Services Excellence (ASE) T1 Tru T8 Heavy Equipment Diesel engine technology
Seven - Ten (7-10) years’ progressive professional experience on fire trucks, firefighting apparatus or heavy transport vehicles, within a large city fire department, must have progressed to EVT LV III.
- Emergency vehicle technician LV III must have the technological and electrical skills to diagnose, repair and maintain the specialized equipment used on firefighting apparatus.
- Mastered state of the art techniques, practices, procedures, test equipment and documentation used in all facets of maintenance performed on automotive, truck, first responder vehicles, and all other forms of vehicular equipment.
- Mastered various mechanical principles as applied to power transmission and braking systems, engine electrical systems and hydraulics.
- Mastered NFPA 1901 standard for automotive fire apparatus and NFPA 1911 standard for the inspection, maintenance and testing of automotive fire apparatus.
- Mastered fault determination through systematic troubleshooting of hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Must be able to set the standard for professional excellence among the EVT team.
Title: Fire Truck Mechanic/Emergency Vehicle Technician III (In Kuwait)
Location: CA-Los Angeles
Requisition ID: PEN000917
Clearance Level required at Start Date: SF85P
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran