Vectrus Power Production/Barrier Maintenance in Maxwell, Alabama
This position description is subject to change atany time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
* POSITION SUMMARY: *
Responsible to the assigned supervisor in performance of their duties. Employs safe work practices. Major areas of responsibility are, but not limited to: Installs and operates portable and mounted electrical power plants. Maintains, inspects, tests, repairs, modifies, employs, and connects to identified facilities all assigned and procured electrical power generation and distribution equipment. Removes, repairs, and/or replaces defective engine and/or control components. Inspects, maintains aircraft arresting systems, Maintains documentation, Responds to emergency repair calls to restore operations upon notice during regular hours or after duty on-call hours.
* MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES: * Pleaselist by order of priority and, if possible, provide the percentage of timespent on the activity all should equal 100%.
1. Inspects, tests,repairs, modifies, and performs maintenance on assigned electrical powergeneration and distribution equipment ensuring ready status and continual andsustained operations if required.
2. Maintainsrequired operating forms and records and assures proper and safe use of allassigned shop equipment.
3. Removes, repairs, and/or replaces defective engine and/orcontrol (mechanical, electrical and/or solid state) components.
4. Inspects,maintains, certifies, and reports aircraft arresting systems are in place,serviceable, operational, and in 100% ready status.
5. Perform otherduties as assigned in accordance with contractual, functional and missionrequirements.
* MATERIAL & EQUIPMENTDIRECTLY USED: *
Operate office equipment to include computer, software, telephone, and fax. Operate vehicle and standard construction, electrical, and diagnostic tools and equipment.
* WORKING ENVIRONMENT: *
1. Requires work in both office and field environment.
2. Involves contact with customers to gather requirements as well as working with shop personnel.
3. May be required to work other than standard work hours to ensure effective customer support.
4. May require additional effort to handle multiple tasks to meet customer requirements.
5. Emergency and time constraint work likely.
6. 24/7 phone standby
* PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES: *
1. Must be able to speak clearly
2. Must be able to stand, sit, and bend for extended time periods.
3. Must be able to climb stairs and ladders.
4. Must be able to bend and crouch on a regular basis.
* MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: *
* Education/Certifications * :
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Valid State driver’s license required
- CPR certification preferred
- Factory or military generator school preferred
* Experience * :
Minimum 5 years verifiable Power Productionexperience
* Skills * :
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Able to utilize computer automated systems to perform assigned duties
- Ability to assess critical loads of power requirements to power sources and generators to determine user needs of electrical or backup power preferred
- Skilled in repairing diesel, gas and natural gas engines preferred
- Skilled in testing electrical components and taking equipment readings with various tools and meters to determine appropriate repairs preferred
- Skilled in troubleshooting 3-phase generators and transfer switches as they apply to various equipment and systems when voltage, amperage, cycles and phases show default preferred
- Knowledge of generator operation, control and P.L.C. (programmable logic controls) preferred
Title: Power Production/Barrier Maintenance
Requisition ID: MAX000177
Clearance Level required at Start Date: No Clearance Required
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.