Vectrus Recreation Aide (Part time) in Montgomery, Alabama
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Perform duties in support of the Maxwell/Gunter Fitness Center’s mission. The function of these facilities is a well-rounded fitness, sports and recreational program designed to enhance the morale and physical welfare of base personnel. Incumbent could work indoors and outdoors and is subject to prolonged standing and exposure to sun. Position is subject to uncommon tour of duty including holidays, weekends and nights.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Provides customer service to fitness center patrons.
- Sells and inventories resale merchandise.
- Takes reservations for Sports & Fitness Facilities.
- Prepares activity reports and daily receipts.
- Accounts for change funds.
- Cleans fitness center to include locker rooms, showers, steam room, saunas, cardio room, weight room, aerobics room, basketball courts, racquetball courts, and other fitness areas.
- Conducts hourly headcounts.
- Cleans and maintains fitness equipment.
- Will assist in the planning and execution of sports leagues and special events.
- Provides physical fitness assessments and equipment orientations for fitness center patrons.
- Provide a variety of personal fitness training services for customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned in accordance with contractual, functional and mission requirements.
The duties listed are intended only as illustration of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them for the position of the work that is similar, related, or a logical assignment to this class.
Work could be indoors or outdoors is subject to prolonged standing and exposure to sunlight. Position is subject to a non-traditional work schedule including holidays, weekends, and nights.
Should be able to lift 30 lbs and is able to stand for prolonged periods.
High School or equivalent is required.
Valid State Drivers License.
Practical knowledge of recreation activities, rules and procedures and skill in the use and maintenance of recreational and fitness equipment desirable.
Excellent communication and people skills.
Computer skills desirable.
SUPERVISORY/BUDGET RESPONSIBILITIES: None
Title: Recreation Aide (Part time)
Requisition ID: MAX000179
Clearance Level required at Start Date: No Clearance Required
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.