Vectrus Power Generation Mechanic (with Secret Clearance) in Afghanistan
Performs Journeyman level Direct Support/General Support (DS/GS) services, technical support, sustainment and field maintenance for Generators in Afghanistan AOR..
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Performs the full range of organization level maintenance; scheduled and unscheduled repairs and maintenance; troubleshooting and diagnostic tests on power generation equipment.
2. Test back-up power and associated UPS, this will involve the use of OEM or TM manuals ,monthly PMCS for all generators to include bringing generators on line (load) validating operational readiness and the associated fuel pods.
3. Comply with OSHA safety standards and procedures when operating generators and fuel pods.
4. Coordinates with procurement for the delivery of Generator Materials and Parts and maintains weekly status report of assigned assets.
5. Coordinates with POC’s at assigned Sites for transportation and scheduling of PMCS services and unscheduled services
6. Prepares appropriate maintenance forms and records for accountability to include trip reports.
7. Ensures requests for repair parts are properly prepared and communicated to TLSF Department.
8. Inform to supervisor in advance of any interruption in service for customer notification
9. Provides equipment-operating assistance to users and technical assistance upon request.
10. Arrange the proper return and replacement of the defective item under warranty, repair, wrongly ordered or delivered item/s.
11. Coordinate with Procurement for any quality issues on generator parts so that it can be rectified
12. Support Logistics & Procurement to update generator parts substitutions in maintenance system
13. Maintains accountability and serviceability of assigned assets and equipment to include calibration.
14. Monitors repair parts usage to determine if current stock levels are adequate for maintaining repair schedule and submits monthly requirement for procurement action.
15. Strict adherence to performance work statement requirements and associated references
16. Duties may vary dependent on mission.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Diagnostic and test equipment relevant to trade, Lifting devices, Materiel handling equipment. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in certain areas. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Must comply with OSHA, EPA, Fire Regulations and published Company work rules.
1. Shop and field environment; May be required to work an uncommon schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
2. Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
3. Must have the ability to wear a respirator for long periods of time.
4. Required to observe all safety and health requirements for field assignment
5. Must maintain a professional appearance/attitude, consistent with local customs and company policy.
6. Must be able to continue performance during hostilities.
7. Estimated travel within theater is 60%.
Must be able to lift 25lbs continuously, 50lbs intermittently. Work environment is often fast paced and at times requires exposure to high heat and humidity. Will need to protect extremities and ensure proper use of PPE due to work environment.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
1. High school diploma or equivalent is required.
2. Certifications of received training
3. Safety courses training certificate (OSHA)
4. Must have a country of origin driver license.
5. SECURITY CLEARANCE: Secret
Five (5) years of hands on experience in the maintenance of engineer equipment and generators is required.
Experience with troubleshooting on both engines and electrical systems are required. Experience with synchronization and automatic power transfer of multiple or tandem generators and uninterruptable power supplies. Familiarity with (Eaton, PTI and APC) brands of Uninterruptable Power Supplies and Low to medium voltage power generators ranging from 40 KVA to 900 KVA, primary and standby (Military MEPs to FG Wilson, SDMO, Broadcrown, Kubata, Cummins, Power Technique, Caterpillar and Perkins) and fuel pods (installation, maintenance and grounding).
1. Attention to detail, verifies assumptions before accepting them
2. Demonstrate decision making, problem solving and team building concepts
3. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office.
4. Ability to work with very diverse workforce
5. Experience in automated records maintenance
6. Excellent communicator both in written and oral English
None, as directed, supervised and managed by Vectrus Project Lead or designee
Job: Information Technology
Title: Power Generation Mechanic (with Secret Clearance)
Requisition ID: 15384BR
Clearance Level required at Start Date: Secret
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.