Vectrus NAVCOMM TECHNICIAN in Germany
This position offers full relocation and logistical support for eligible dependents.
JOB SUMMARY: Performs the highest level of depot maintenance, accomplishing major equipment overhauls or complete rebuild of parts, assemblies, subassemblies, and end-items for non-directional beacons, TACAN, TVOR, and remoting equipment used for the US Military ATS maintenance system. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing, modifying, overhauling, aligning, calibrating, and obtaining US FAA certification of complex and intricate ATS maintenance equipment. Performs as a team leader and provides assistance and training to other technical personnel.
- Performs the highest level of depot maintenance, accomplishing major equipment overhauls, including but not limited to a complete rebuild of parts, assemblies, subassemblies, and end-items of NAVAIDS equipment used in the ATS system.
- Manufactures components and mechanical parts for obsolete equipment no longer supported by the original equipment manufacturer.
- Performs modifications to equipment, accomplishes extensive disassembly, and must be competent in the use of sophisticated test equipment.
- Analyzes set-up configurations, malfunctions, and operating characteristics for equipment and systems when technical documentation is not available or is outdated.
- Performs complex scientific and technical evaluations and tests to determine the proper equipment configurations and optimum operating characteristics to establish the extent of required maintenance and performance of systems tests.
- Re-assembles and conducts complex tests on ATC ground-to-air communication equipment to ensure that it passes FAA flight inspection/certification tests.
- Responds to emergency maintenance requests within 2 hours and assists sites in resolving technical problems with supported GCA Radar equipment.
- Deploys to remote locations in Europe within 48 hours in support of the US Military’s mission during exercises and real-world contingencies.
- Performs supervisory functions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A bachelor’s degree plus 3 years of recent specialized experience, OR;
An associate’s degree plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR;
A major certification plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR;
11 years of recent specialized experience.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be Fluent in reading, writing, and speaking the English language, to include the ability to comprehend and interpret complex electronic and technical data, schematics, and logic diagrams.
- Posses or be able to obtain a US Government Motor Vehicle Operators Identification Card (OF346) for light non-tactical vehicles (sedans and mini-vans).
- Required to obtain and maintain a US Secret security clearance .
Job: Information Technology
Title: NAVCOMM TECHNICIAN
Requisition ID: OPM000211
Clearance Level required at Start Date: Secret
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.