Vectrus Senior Contracts Manager in Germany
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Responsible for performing and supporting proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract management for assigned contract activities. Provides interpretation of all contract sections of Request for Proposal, contracts and amendments. May administer and negotiate Nondisclosure Agreements, Teaming Agreements, and Associate Contractor Agreements. Is the initial and primary point of contact for all contractual communications with the customer, Government agencies on assigned Proposals and Contracts. Reporting to the Contract Director, Regional Service Center Europe, assists in ensuring Contracts are proposed and executed in compliance with RFP/contract requirements, Corporate policies and directives, legal decisions and opinions, and FAR guidelines. Identifies and resolves moderate to complex issues, exercising sound knowledge, ethical judgment within broadly defined practices and policies. Individual contributor who will administer multiple major contracts providing Service Center support to varied and multiple programs. May support HQ phase-in efforts following contracts award(s), both locally and on-site, requiring potential travel. Responsible for protecting the legal and financial interests of the Corporation during all discussions and negotiations and interaction with customers, clients, etc
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Provides day-to-day oversight of the execution, interpretation, and administration of contracts consistent with contract terms and conditions, Federal laws and regulations, and corporate policies and procedures.
2. Manages, reviews and processes contract modifications, proposals, and negotiations. Key contributor in contract negotiations. Negotiates cost and contract terms with the customer. Insures that negotiations are successfully documented and concluded.
3. Partners with PMs on assigned contracts/proposals to assist with evaluating innovative contracting methods for maximizing revenue/margin and incorporation of technical solutions leading to program organic growth.
4. Ensures that proposal plans, and approaches of the Technical/Management and Cost Volumes of proposals meet the contractual requirements of the RFP, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
5. Coordinates with the Capture Team and/or RSC Contracts Director to define cost formats, formulations and summaries; assists in developing management review presentations; coordinates final management approval; and validates proposals for submission.
6. Reviews terms and conditions of all contracts to insure compliance with all contractual and regulatory requirements, and for financial viability. Advises or assists with contract interpretation disputes with staff and customers.
7. Champion for sound contractual change management to ensure proactive organic growth, risk mitigation and avoidance.
8. Advises and assists on matters pertinent to the rights, prerogatives, and obligations as they apply to contractual arrangements (as Prime or Subcontractor).
9. Assists with the preparation, negotiation and finalization of Teaming Agreements and Non-Disclosure Agreements, and prepares responses to FOIA requests, and other data calls as required for the CONUS RSC.
10. Other duties as assigned
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Personal computer, Microsoft Windows and Office, communications devices, and other general office equipment, to include networked printers, and scanners/OCRs.
Work is generally conducted in an office environment. Eyestrain and repetitive motion involved during peak periods of data entry.
Eyestrain and repetitive motion involved during peak periods of data entry. Some travel involved to project locations.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
·BS/BA in Contracts, Business Administration, Management, Finance, Acquisition, or related field.
·MBA/Advanced degree preferred.
·Certification by National Contract Management Association (NCMA) is desirable.
·Minimum of 10 years in U. S. Government contracts management experience/environment, including experience with contract cost/pricing and proposal development.
·Thorough working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), DoD FAR Supplement (DFARS), contract law, and the Govt. acquisition/RFP process.
·Solid understanding of Federal Government contracts, acquisitions, regulations, negotiations, procedures, and Government operations.
·Strong business management/acumen, and managerial skills
·Outstanding interpersonal skills in establishing and maintaining internal and external customer relationships
·Excellent oral and written communication skills and can workindependently and in a team environment.
·Proficientwith MS Office software and corporate level presentations
Job: Contracts Administration
Title: Senior Contracts Manager
Requisition ID: VEC000581
Clearance Level required at Start Date: Secret
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.