Vectrus Administrative Assistant / Library Aide (NAF ) (SMO) in Spain
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Provides an extensive range of technical/administrative duties in support of various departments ranging from, the library, post office, quality control, procurement, and site management office. Provides information service to customers such as answering questions regarding publications and assists in the use of bibliographic tools, such as Library catalog. Perform administrative duties, including preparing correspondence; producing, editing and reformatting documents; preparing expense reports and purchase orders; updating organizational charts; coordinating department or equipment moves; and providing support to a large diverse team of people with a variety of management styles. Handle confidential information; serve as the central point of contact for general department information; and coordinate a broad range of meetings, events and travel arrangements. This opportunity also involves utilizing high level of computer skills to create PowerPoint presentations regularly under short timeframes. In addition, prepare special reports requiring the selection of relevant information from a variety of sources, incorporating that information into Excel spreadsheets.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Problem solving by defining the most effective means of reducing interruptions to leadership, minimizing administrative detail, and responding to distinct project requests. Required to work both independently and as part of a team and be able to prioritize assignments effectively.
Remains flexible regarding the localities and groups being supported, while providing efficient and confidential administrative and clerical support in an environment of rapidly shifting priorities.
Provides support for Postal Office, Quality Control, and the SMO in various range of tasks
Organizes and responds to the administrative requests placed on leadership in providing telephone coverage, preparing correspondence mail and scheduling meetings/tracking minutes and trips.
Coordinates with managers, supervisors, leads, and other secretarial and administrative support personnel. External coordination includes U.S. Government, USAF, USMC, and travel agency personnel.
- Completes assigned tasks while handling interruptions requiring immediate attention.
- Supports the Librarian in all required matters.
- Answers routine inquiries, and refers persons requiring professional assistance to Librarian.
- Verifies bibliographic information on order requests.
- Works or directs workers in maintenance of stacks or in section of department or division with tasks such as ordering or receiving section of acquisitions department.
- Provides accurate and timely customer assistance.
- Under the direction of the librarian, oversees library procurement/acquisitions process; monitors receipt of all orders.
- Assists, plans, and promotes library programs and activities. Arranges exhibits to promote library materials/services or observances.
- Develops familiarity with professional materials for guidance on standardized technical and public services procedures.
- Compile records, sort and shelve materials according to identification number and title, and issue and receive library materials to registered patrons.
- Performs other duties as required.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Personal computer, printer, calculator, FAX machine, copy machine and other general office equipment.
The administrative assistant works in an office environment. Regular office hours are Mon-Fri, 08:00-17:00 & Library hours Mon-Sat 12:00-22:00 At times the position will require some traveling and overtime in support of program/audit requirements.
Eye strain and repetitive motion involved during peak periods of data entry. Some travel involved.
High School graduate or equivalent applicable experience is desired.
Must possess a valid driving license.
Three (3) years’ experience as an administrative assistant or other support role in a professional business environment. Must read and speak English (Spanish is preferred but not required).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to relay and communicate efficiently and effectively to all levels of management and personnel.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; experience with On-Base, Infinium, and AS400 are a plus.
- Strong presentation/public speaking ability.
- Demonstrate written and oral communication skills.
- Must demonstrate problem solving, organizational, decision making and planning skills.
- Demonstrate analytical and reporting skills.
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by company & government standards
- Ability to successfully operate in a multi-task, high energy environment.
Title: Administrative Assistant / Library Aide (NAF ) (SMO)
Requisition ID: TUR000297
Clearance Level required at Start Date: Secret
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.