Vectrus Carpenter, Senior (OCN) in Kuwait
Supervises and mentors junior Carpenters.Using a variety of hand and power tools; constructs, repairs, restores, and installs structural woodwork and related materials. Exhibits superior workmanship and focuses on a quality end product.Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure all tasks are accomplished correctly and safely.Ensures all tasks are performed in accordance with local Environmental, Safety & Health directives.Addresses customer concerns in a prompt, professional and courteous manner.Uses a Computer Maintenance Management System (Maximo) to correctly capture data related to maintenance work orders, preventative maintenance inspections, and emergency/urgent customer requests.Ensures personnel correctly capture data on maintenance work order requests and preventative maintenance inspection forms for upload into the Maximo database.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Supervises and performs a wide variety of carpentry related tasks, including new construction, remodeling, renovation and demolition
- Constructs, repairs, restores and installs structures such as floors, doors, walls, windows, stairways, furniture, cabinets, shelves, and roofs
- Builds forms, frames, ceilings and roofs with common materials to include lumber, plywood, wafer board, sheetrock, steel studs, foam board and cement board
- Fabricates items according to designs, blueprints, drawings and sketches
- Repairs or reconstructs damaged wood stairs, floors, frames, rafters, joists, trusses to conform with building codes
- Installs tile, vinyl, carpet, windows, doors and drywall
- Repair doors, roofs, ceilings, stairs, floors, windows and roll-up doors
- Cleans equipment, shop area, and work site area
- Performs other duties or assignments as required
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
- General knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in the carpentry trade
- Daily use of hand and power tools requiredWORKING ENVIRONMENT:Duties will involve the conduct of work in the outdoors with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions including frequent dust storms, and high temperatures – up to 130F degrees in the summer months. Potential exposure to chemical or biological agents could exist. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in certain areas is required. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Normal work week is 48 hours, but must be able to work overtime or shift work as required.PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:Physical requirements include lifting, climbing, extended sitting or standing, or other physical efforts that are normally required. In addition, visual acuity, hearing and speaking requirements would be considered. Consider this section carefully; any physical requirements must be able to be tied back to the major job activities. Refer to the general physical requirement, physical activities, visual acuity, and working conditions checklist for more information.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
- Requires vocational training required in the Carpenter field or equivalent
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license from country of origin for the purpose of obtaining and maintaining a valid Military or Kuwait Driver’s License
- Approximately four (4) years’ experience in the Carpenter field required
- Must have an excellent understanding of all safety directives and polices regarding the maintenance of carpenter equipment
- Must have excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral
- Requires a collaborative work style, fostering cooperation, and teamwork
- Must exercise discretion and good sound judgment
Job: Technical Specialty/Skilled Trade
Title: Carpenter, Senior (OCN)
Requisition ID: KBO001055
Clearance Level required at Start Date: No Clearance Required
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.