Vectrus Dining Facility Supervisor in Kuwait
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Support Dining Facility Manager as needed in provision of food service operations to include preparation and service of food, sanitation, housekeeping, maintenance and repair and special events.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Support DFAC Manager as required. Lead operations in absence of DFAC Manager. Follow government food service accounting procedures. Ensure the cashier customer flow rate corresponds with the serving line flow rate.
2. Dining Facility Supervisor will be responsible for receiving, storing and issuing CLASS I Operational Rations; conducting the 28 day menu and planning with the Government Food Service Advisor; Requisitioning and Acquisition of Subsistence from Prime Vendors and utilizing the System Total Ordering Ration Electronic Receipt system (STORES) and DSCP.
3. Responsible for storing all subsistence to ensure food items are sanitary and remain fresh before consumed; subsistence is not handled in any manner that exposes the food items to unsanitary conditions or environmental temperature and humidity conditions that could damage or spoil the subsistence; comply with Chapter 13 of FM 10-23-2, TB MED 530 and all US Department Health and Human Services Food Code standards, and keep records of all food received and stored as required, verifying proper handling and storage procedures are used.
4. Manage subcontractors with food preparation, food serving, cashier operations, cleanliness of the dining areas, serving lines, kitchens, temperature danger zones, dishwashing area and storage areas IAW with PWS and SOPs.
5. Maintain all equipment accountability and serviceability and turn-in and ordering of stockage levels.
6. Ensure that all employees are always in compliance with all established Safety Policies and Regulations.
7. Direct and ensure that HACCP procedures are followed.
8. Performs other duties and assignments as required.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Daily use of computer, associated office software, phone.
Typically five days a week with operating hours as depicted in Performance Work Statement. Work in dining hall, serving lines and in kitchen. Also perform in office work environment.
The physical requirements of the position include light lifting, walking, extended sitting or standing.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
Must maintain a current Serve-Safe Certification Certificate (within the last 4 years).
Military food service experience in the pay grade of Staff Sergeant (E-6) or above within the past five (5) years with one (1) year of experience working in a large food service operation, cafeteria style or multi-entrée menu service, performing facility attendant service.
Should be knowledgeable in AFMID, STORES, inventory control. HACCP, FM-10-23-2, DA Pam.30-22, AR. 30-22, TB MED 530, AR 40-25, AR 30-21, and U.S Department of Health and Human Services Food Code standards. Thorough understanding of quality customer food service and preparation of nutritional meals. Must be able to work under pressure. Service oriented.
Title: Dining Facility Supervisor
Requisition ID: KDF000012
Clearance Level required at Start Date: SF85P
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.