Vectrus Electrician, Senior (OCN) in Kuwait
Responsible for maintenance and repairs on electrical systems and equipment.Ensures personnel exhibit superior workmanship and focus on a quality end product.Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure all tasks are accomplished correctly and safely. Provides direct oversight for Electricians.Verifies actual hours worked by personnel to reduce manpower expenditures.Ensures personnel complete all tasks in accordance with local Environmental, Safety & Health directives.Provides leadership and mentors personnel to develop appropriate skillsets.Addresses customer concerns in a prompt, professional and courteous manner.Uses Computer Maintenance Management System (Maximo) to print, issue and update Work Orders to correctly capture data related to maintenance work orders, preventative maintenance inspections, and emergency/urgent customer requests.Ensures personnel correctly capture data on maintenance work order requests and preventative maintenance inspection forms for upload into Maximo.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Provides leadership, guidance, and technical assistance to Electricians in the performance of their daily activities
- Disseminates instructions to other workers and assists in initiating work by assigning tasks to members of the group
- Inspects work progress and equipment to verify safety and to ensure specifications are met
- Monitors and updates work order information as required
- Using test equipment, tests circuits and components for continuity
- Reassembles and tests equipment following repairs
- Inspects and tests electrical systems to verify compliance with plans and specifications and to detect and locate malfunctions
- Records and reports all faults, deficiencies, and other unusual occurrences, as well as the time and materials expended on work orders
- Ensure compliance with Performance Work Statement and applicable local directives
- Performs other duties as assigned
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in the construction or repair of assigned equipment
- Operating knowledge of and experience with, personal computers and peripherals and typical office equipment, such as telephones, copier, etc. preferred.WORKING ENVIRONMENT:Duties will involve the conduct of work in the outdoors with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions including frequent dust storms, and high temperatures – up to 130F degrees in the summer months. Potential exposure to chemical or biological agents could exist. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in certain areas is required. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Normal work week is 48 hours, but must be able to work overtime or shift as required.PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:Physical requirements include lifting, climbing, extended sitting or standing, or other physical efforts that are normally required. In addition, visual acuity, hearing and speaking requirements would be considered. Consider this section carefully; any physical requirements must be able to be tied back to the major job activities. Refer to the general physical requirement, physical activities, visual acuity, and working conditions checklist for more information.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be credentialed through an approved licensing agency, i.e. State Examination Board, Accredited Vocational Training Institution.
- Must possess a driver’s license from country of origin for the purpose of obtaining a Military or Kuwait driver’s license.
- Approximately four (4) years experience in the electrical field required.
- Must have an excellent understanding of all safety directives and polices regarding the maintenance of electrical equipment.
- Must have excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral
- Requires a collaborative work style, fostering cooperation, and teamwork
- Must exercise discretion and good sound judgment
- Basic computer skills preferred
- Must have a thorough understanding of US NEC and Kuwait MEW code
Job: Technical Specialty/Skilled Trade
Title: Electrician, Senior (OCN)
Requisition ID: KBO001054
Clearance Level required at Start Date: No Clearance Required
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.