Vectrus Fire Protection Systems Supervisor in Kuwait
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Ensures routine and emergency maintenance on the fire alarm systems and peripheral equipment, components, and subsystems in the ASG-KU Area of Responsibility (AOR) are performed IAWUFC 3-600-01, UFC 1-201-01 and NFPA 72. Reviews the inspections, testing, and repair of fire alarm control panels, initiating, indicating, and monitoring devices Ensures testing, and maintenance on fire suppression systems consisting of wet pipe sprinkler, precaution sprinkler, FM-200 clean agent systems, fire pumps, and associated equipment are performed IAW UFC 3-601-02, NFPA 25, NFPA 20, NFPA 17, NFPA 2001 and NFPA 3. Perform in secure, critical, and sensitive designed areas under control of the U.S. Army in accordance with contract requirements.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Provides leadership in the accomplishment of the maintenance and repair of systems associated with fire detection, suppression and other equipment that is a component part of the overall fire protection system
- Supervises a team that performs inspection, testing and maintenance of fire protection systems IAW UFC 3-601-02 using NFPA 72 and NFPA 25 as guidelines.
- Utilizes test equipment and meters such as voltmeters, ammeters, telephone test sets, smoke detector sensitivity testers, and wire tracing equipment, and others for locating and diagnosing equipment, distribution, and control system malfunctions
- Utilizes computer software to program fire alarm control panels and perform load calculations for installed systems
- Utilizes various hand tools, shop tools, and equipment in accomplishing repairs and maintenance of these systems and components
- Troubleshoots and repairs fire protection circuits and equipment. Repairs or replaces defective components
- Requests and maintains accountability for parts, tools, equipment and materials required for work performance and work assignments
- May be required to conduct both routine and emergency services after normal work periods
- Performs the majority of work in the sensitive and secure areas of military installations and facilities in accordance with the established security procedures of the U.S. Army and contract requirements
- Responsible for safe operation, cleanliness and operator maintenance of assigned vehicle
- Prepares and completes required work documents, reports, CDRL’s to ensure compliance
- Complies with safety/environmental standards and safe work practices
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert for the ASK-KU AOR fire alarm/suppression systems; reviews submittals for Fire Protection and acts as a witness in concert with the military for commission & acceptance.
- Provides recommendations to the US Government for the need for new systems and repairs.
- Performs other duties as assigned
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Tools of the trade, vehicle, special equipment and work materials. Motor vehicle operations required.
Work is generally conducted in an office environment. However, duties may involve working in out-of-doors areas with exposure to extreme climatic conditions. May work in areas where a potential exist for exposure to physical, chemical, and biological agents. Duties will involve the conduct of work in the outdoors with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions including frequent dust storms, and high temperatures – up to 130 degrees in the summer months. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in certain areas is required. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Must comply with all Fire and Safety Installation policies.
The work requires physical exertion related to inspections, testing and repairs requiring considerable standing, walking, climbing, bending, crouching, and stretching, reaching or similar movements. Must be physically and mentally capable to perform all tasks in temperatures exceeding 100 degrees. There may be a need to lift and carry objects up to 40 lbs. The work requires some degree of agility and dexterity.
Qualifications have to meet the criteria as outlined in UFC 3-601-02. Recognize journeyman or craftsman-level qualification for fire alarm systems.Certification in Fire Alarms or Wet Pipe Sprinkler Systems NICET Level II, formalized labor organization-based journeyman training, valid current qualification of license from any state, and factory training. Associates degree and two years’ experience or High School Diploma and six years’ experience that can be documented. Examples include: previous job descriptions, DD214 and Military/Civilian Performance reports, job experience letter on company or corporate letterhead from previous employers. Must possess a current stateside driver license unless, otherwise stipulated.
Documented twelve years, 20 plus years preferred, experience in Shop management functions, scheduling and working with foreign nationals. Provide overall management of a shop with strict compliance standards for maintenance, repair and installation of UL listed fire alarm systems. Must be able to provide and evaluate documents detailing deficiencies and corrective action. References and previous employers contact information must be provided for verification purposes. Will also be required to formulate project timelines and develop metric on system function and complete analysis on system risk management.
Must have the ability in to evaluate fire detection/suppression installations and determine corrective action. Must have sufficient knowledge of English to understand technical instructions and documents and accomplish work from these documents. MIRCOM PRO 2000, VESDA, and Chemetron Suppression Systems factory training desired (or equivalent). Excellent organization and communications skills, both written and verbal, are required. Must knowledgeable in computer all aspects of Microsoft Office.
Supervise a section of 11 technicians including required reporting and submission of inspection reports and required contract documentation.
Job: Protective/Emergency Mgmt Service
Title: Fire Protection Systems Supervisor
Requisition ID: KBO001346
Clearance Level required at Start Date: Secret
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.