Vectrus Fitness Center Attendant, Senior (OCN) in Kuwait
Under the direction of the Fitness Center Lead, the Senior Fitness Center Attendant executes and ensures daily operations are performed as per established policies & practices. Ensures the facilities remain clean and they promote a friendly atmosphere, by assisting patrons with their questions and equipment needs.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Significant portion of position will involve planning, organizing, and supervising various MWR activities and special projects; assists in the planning and development of programs.
- Customer Service/Public Relations in a fitness type facility
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English, both written and spoken.
- Position requires extensive interaction with a large customer base with the ability to handle customer issues.
- Maintains accurate event/facility attendance records for programs.
- Handles telephone inquiries, greets visitors, and provides information.
- Assists with special events within the section and department.
- Reports all accidents and ensures that victims receive proper care.
- Ensures security and accountability of both government furnished and expendable equipment/property.
- Ensures cleanliness/serviceability of equipment and check out items.
- Ensures that clean towels are on hand in sufficient quantities and readily available to support fitness center patrons.
- Ensures that all rules, regulations and safety practices are properly enforced to include general housekeeping.
- May be required to conduct personal training sessions and/or group fitness classes; when required to ensure compliance to the PWS.
- Must be available to perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be available to work any/all shifts as needed.
- Must be willing to work on holidays, short notices, all shifts, overtime and assigned to any MWR location in Kuwait. Vacation scheduling will also be dictated by mission requirements and determined independent from spouse if applicable.
- Performs other duties as required and directed by MWR Management. Duties include but not limited to: assisting other department sections to ensure mission requirements, working different shift patterns, and cross leveling into different MWR job titles and duties when directed.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Personal computer, laptops, scanners, printers, faxes, other network equipment and other general office equipment.Miscellaneous fitness and exercise equipment.
Works in a general office environment.However, duties will involve the conduct of work in the outdoors with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions including frequent dust storms, and high temperatures – up to 130 degrees in the summer months. Potential exposure to chemical or biological agents could exist. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in certain areas is required. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. They must comply with all Fire, Safety and Post policies. Normal work week is 48 hours, but must be able to work overtime or nights as required.
Work may require heavy lifting up to 50 pounds repeatedly, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
Applicant should have a High School graduate or equivalent. CPR/AED and First Aid certification from a nationally/internationally accredited agency is required within 60 days of hire. Personal trainer/fitness instructor certifications from a nationally (American) or internationally recognized accrediting agency are preferred, but not required.
Should have experience as a personal trainer or group instructor preferred.
Employee must have general knowledge base of health and fitness programs and equipment. They should have at least 2 years customer service field experience. They must have past experience in planning and executing fitness and exercise events.Experience as a personal trainer or group instructor preferred, but not required.
Must exhibit excellent organization and communication skills.
Capable of effectively communicating technical information in English, both written and verbal.
Must have the ability to quickly solve problems.
Requires strong interpersonal skills to work with internal and external customers.
Requires a collaborative work style, fostering cooperation and teamwork.
Must be able to exercise discretion and good judgment.
Title: Fitness Center Attendant, Senior (OCN)
Requisition ID: KBO001341
Clearance Level required at Start Date: No Clearance Required
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.