Vectrus GCSS-A Technician/Maintenance in Kuwait
This position description is subject to change atany time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
* POSITION SUMMARY: *
Underdirect supervision of the Section Supervisor, this position is responsible forthe transfer, processing and output of all required reports and data exchange.Issues vehicles and/Government furnishedequipment within Army Regulations. Responsible for dispatching of all vehicleswithin your area of support and compiles and maintain a maintenance status listof available government leased vehicles. Coordinates the servicing, repair andmaintenance scheduling of all Government leased vehicles andGovernment Furnished Equipment. Maintainrecords and reports of fuel, oil, and mileage usage.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Compiles and records production data from such documents as customer work orders (Non-Automated and Automated) forms, and work order continuation forms; following prescribed recording procedures and using GCSS-Army interface.
- Maintains files of documents used and prepared in accordance with governing rules, regulations, and policies, to include archiving work orders using GCSS-Army computer.
3.Ensures that the vehicle operator is properlylicensed and has valid tasking.
4.Coordinates all dispatch operations for Governmentleased vehicles or Government provide equipment.
- Utilizes Global Combat Support System Army (GCSS-A) or manual means to dispatch and coordinate vehicles; maintain proper use of the DA 5987 and DA 5988 form.
- Calculate such factors as type and quantities of such items repaired, materials used, amount of scrap, frequency of defects, and work order and or department production rates, using GCSS-Army computers.
- Prepares production reports based on data compiled, tabulated and computed, following prescribed formats and governing rules, regulations and policies.
- Ensures that the DA 5987 and DA 5988 are closed out when vehicles or equipment is turned in (make sure customer follows turn in procedures).
- Compiles, records, and reports on production data for supported customers to compare records and reports on volume of maintenance requests, consumption of materials, quality control, and other aspects of equipment maintenance, and performing any combination of the following duties.
- Compiles customers and required individual reports of current and projected work order status.
- Monitor’s each work order (within assigned center) for prompt status changes. Informs Supervisors and Leads of any delays or unusual circumstances of work order requests.
- Coordinate between departments or outside agencies via the telephone, email, fax, or in person, any required or instructed actions necessary to ensure the timely, economical and satisfactory completion of any or all work orders.
- Assist within the department as directed by the Manager, Supervisor or Production Control Lead.
- Maintain workstation and DOL department area in a highly professional manner and appearance.
- Ensures backups are maintained IAW GCSS-Army End User Manual and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Generates maintenance management reports for designated personnel or copies them to file.Reviews error listing that may be generated from these reports and resolves issues.
- Maintains current file of DA Form 1687 (Delegation of Authority) of supported units.
- Prepares information papers and briefs senior level managers.
- Perform other duties and assignments as required
* MATERIAL & EQUIPMENTDIRECTLY USED: *
Laptop computer, printer, networkequipment and other general office equipment
* WORKING ENVIRONMENT: *
Work is generally conducted in awarehouse environment. However, duties may occasionally involve working outsidewith a potential exposure to extreme temperatures. Work may require heavylifting up, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, andworking with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure tophysical, chemical or biological agents. Employee use of personal protectiveequipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes but is not limitedto head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices. Mustcomply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
* PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES: *
Work may require light lifting,stooping, climbing, standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areaswhere a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biologicalagents
* MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: *
* Education/Certifications * : One year related experience may be substituted forone year of education, if degree is required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A good working knowledge of production control systems, programs policies, nomenclature, work methods, manuals, or other established guidelines.
- Analytical ability to define or recognize the dimension of the problems involved, to collect the necessary data to establish the facts, and take or recommend action based upon application or interpretation of established guidelines.
- Eligible for and be able to obtain a U.S. Government motor vehicle operator's permit for assigned class of vehicle.
* Experience * :
Mustcompleted all 14 web base training course on-line within 90 days of assumingthe position. Must comply with OSHA, EPA, Fire regulations, Company Policiesand work rules.
1.Must have a good command of the English language inorder to provide effective phone, desk-side and email support
2.Previous supervisory, team leading or managementexperience
3.Ability to work effectively and exercise soundbusiness judgment in a team environment, as well as independently.
4.Demonstrate ability to deal with all employees andexternal customers while conveying a positive service oriented attitude.
5.Knowledge of principles and processes for providingcustomer and personal services.
6.Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
7.Collaborative work style fostering cooperation andteamwork.
8.Handle confidential company and employeeinformation with complete discretion.
9.Prioritize responsibilities to handle a demandingworkload
10.Abilityto work under pressure
11.Intermediateproficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook applications.
12.High-levelorganizational and planning skills to efficiently and accurately manageworkflow.
13.Abilityto read, analyze, and interpret reports and documents
Title: GCSS-A Technician/Maintenance
Requisition ID: KBO001166
Clearance Level required at Start Date: NACI
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.