Vectrus HVAC Technician, Senior in Kuwait
Supervises junior HVAC technicians in the installation, inspection, maintenance and trouble-shooting of industrial HVAC equipment such as boilers and chillers, light commercial units to include, package, DX and split units and residential units to include split, mini-split and window units.This job requires theoretically knowledge of air conditioning and the production of chilled water as well as practical mechanical and electrical understanding.Technicians deal with refrigerant and Freon gas which could have a serious environmental effect if improperly handled.Verifies actual hours worked by personnel to reduce manpower expenditure.Ensures personnel complete all tasks in accordance with the local Environmental, Safety and Health directives.Provides leadership and mentors junior personnel to develop appropriate skillsets.Will use Computer Maintenance Management System (Maximo) to correctly input data related to maintenance work orders, preventative maintenance inspections, and emergency /urgent. Ensures personnel correctly capture data on maintenance work order requests and preventative maintenance inspection forms before upload into Maximo.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Supervises inspections on HVAC systems and components (e.g. heating units, building exhaust fans, ventilation units, etc.) to evaluate condition, identify necessary repairs and recommend preventive maintenance
- Supervises technicians as they fabricate equipment parts to meet specialty needs and/or replace unavailable parts
- Oversees installations of HVAC equipment and systems to provide enhanced and/or upgraded capabilities
- Monitors repairs on HVAC systems and/or components (e.g. pumps, motors, air handlers, fan coils, piping, etc.)
- Coordinates with HVAC Lead and/or Trade Shop Supervisor reference completing projects and work orders efficiently
- Diagnoses causes of problems and/or failures in HVAC systems for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or systems repair and/or replacement needs
- Tracks performance of routine and preventive maintenance to ensure the availability of HVAC systems
- Informs personnel regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with building and safety regulations
- Maintains vehicles, tools and equipment serviceability statuses
- Participates in meetings, workshops and training to gather and convey information required to perform job functions
- Prepares written reports (work order status, activity logs, etc.) for documenting activities and/or conveying information
- Requests equipment and supplies to maintain correct inventory amounts and ensure availability of items required to complete installations and/or repairs
- Responds to emergency situations during or after hours to resolve immediate safety concerns
- Knowledge of Direct Digital Control Systems (DDC) and their components
- Perform other duties as assigned
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
1.Operates office equipment; PC computer and printer, fax machine, calculator, and reproduction machines
2.Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
3.CMMS database (Maximo)
Work is generally conducted on-site at maintenance and project locations in out-of-doors areas with potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions.Work may require lifting up to 50 lbs., stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents.Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in certain areas.Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Must comply with OSHA, EPA, and Fire Regulations and published company work rules.
Physical requirements include lifting, climbing, extended sitting or standing, or other physical efforts that are normally required. In addition, visual acuity, hearing and speaking requirements would be considered. Consider this section carefully; any physical requirements must be able to be tied back to the major job activities. Refer to the general physical requirement, physical activities, visual acuity, and working conditions checklist for more information.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
- Vocational training required in HVAC or equivalent
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license from country of origin for the purpose of obtaining and maintaining a valid Military or Kuwait driver’s license
4. Mechanical k nowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
5.Must have excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral
1.Minimum six (6) years’ experience as a HVAC technician
2.Previous supervision experience preferred
- Must possess HVAC Universal Certification, EPA Clean Air Act Section 608 or equivalent
4.Completed HVAC technician apprenticeship program required
5.Must have an excellent understanding of safety directives and polices regarding the operation of assigned equipment
6. Mechanical knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
1.Must have excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral
- Basic computer and CMMS skills and knowledge of applicable HVAC codes
- Knowledge of the mechanical operation of equipment such as window, split and package HVAC units
- Skill in the installation, repair, and maintenance on all types of HVAC systems
Will supervise several small teams of junior HVAC technicians
Job: Technical Specialty/Skilled Trade
Title: HVAC Technician, Senior
Requisition ID: KBO001330
Clearance Level required at Start Date: NACI
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.