Vectrus Material Control Specialist Senior (OCN) in Kuwait
Supervises and leads a team in receiving, storing, inventorying, and issuing Government Materiel’s/Property and compile stock records using the Maximo computer system and/or other systems as required. Operate Materiel Handling Equipment if required to move product as required. Analyzes and select the correct process for material transactions.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Lead a team to accomplish provided tasks to standard.
- Count, sort incoming materiel to verify receipt of items on requisition or invoices.
- Examine stock to verify quantity or conformance to specifications. Store materiel in bins, on the floor, on shelves, or in containers according to identifying information
- Fill orders or issue supplies from stock. Prepare periodic, special, or perpetual inventory record of stock in multiple locations.
- Compile reports on flow of stock, adjustments of inventory, counts, and stock records, damage, or shelf life adjustments, location changes, and denial of shipments.
- Routinely use procurement documents for Inventory, Receipts, Issues, and others as required by the Performance Work Statement.
- Mark identifying codes, figures, or letters on articles, using labeling equipment
- Make adjustments to inventory/location of stored stock. May determine methods of storage, identification, and stock location, considering temperature, humidity, height and weight limits, turnover, floor loading capacities, and required space.
- Move or transports materiel or supplies to other departments, using Pallet Jack, Forklift or industrial truck.
- Responsible for Physical Security of Sensitive and Pilferable Items and ensure they are stored in accordance with all Army Regulations and local policy.
- Maintain inventory and other stock records, using computer terminal. Designated according to materiel, equipment, or product stored, i.e. Retail or wholesale items.
- Receive, store, and sort unserviceable equipment and supplies for disposal.
- Prepare, read and analyze records and reports necessary to execute actions routinely.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Personal computer, printers, network equipment and other general office equipment. Material Handling Equipment (MHE) to include manual and self powered lifts.
Work is generally conducted in a warehouse environment. However, duties also involve going into an out-of-doors area with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions. Work will on occasion involve stooping; prolonged standing, and prolonged sitting.Working in a military environment brings the potential for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in certain areas, but not on a daily basis. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, vision and hearing protective devices. Must comply with OSHA, EPA, Fire Regulations and published Company work rules
Must be capable of Lifting 70 pounds.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
High School Graduate or equivalent
Capable of effectively communicating technical information in English, both written and verbal
4 years of experience in Logistics and warehousing.
- Customer service training
- Material Handling Equipment (Fork Lift Operation, Pallet Jack, Hand Truck)
- Microsoft Office, with intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Supervisory Training
- Ability to deliver training on his/her area of expertise to the lowest level
- Strong analytical skills
- WMS experience with Maximo, SAP, Oracle or similar systems
Job: Operations, Supply Chain&Logistics
Title: Material Control Specialist Senior (OCN)
Requisition ID: KBO001101
Clearance Level required at Start Date: No Clearance Required
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.