Vectrus Occupational Health Nurse Assistant (OCN) in Kuwait
This position is responsible for providing primary and emergency care for occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses to maintain employees on-the-job or to promptly return them to work. This is a drug testing dependent position. The Occupational Health Nurse works closely with medical providers, both on and off supported Military installations.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Provide first aid and emergency care for occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses.
- Consistently communicates effectively and respectfully with employees, the patient's family, and other members of the healthcare team.
- Respects and maintains confidential health information.
- Demonstrates developed assessment skills. Perform required health assessments for specified programs.
- Oversee medical surveillance of employees exposed to hazardous chemicals or infectious diseases; coordinating with the Military Preventive Medicine Team.
- Conduct required screening tests, such as drug and alcohol testing and eye exams.
- Assists with the annual medical examination process from the subcontracted vendor in order to ensure quality of service and care for Program employees.
- Coordinate Health Fair (Expo) or other health services-related events.
- Assist with health and wellness promotion, education, and training programs.
- Coordinate annual flu vaccination campaign.
- Assist with the return to work program and assist in managing workers compensation cases.
- Participate in plant safety and ergonomic programs.
- Assist Supervisors and Managers to ensure all necessary personnel are current in the Respiratory Protection and Hearing Conservation programs.
- Evaluate medical documentation and submit waivers to the appropriate approving authority, such as United States Army Central Command (USARCENT) or United States Central Command (USCENTCOM), as applicable.
- Ability to read results of tuberculin skin tests and educate employees regarding latent tuberculosis as needed.
- Accepts personal accountability for professional development and growth.
- Identifies and implements a course of action in non-routine situations. Perform other duties as assigned.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Various medical diagnostic equipment and office equipment.
Work is generally conducted in an office environment; however, duties may occasionally involve working outside with potential exposure to extreme temperatures. Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and Post/Camp Policies.
Work may require medium - heavy lifting (36-75 lb.), carrying of objects up to 35 lbs. up, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents. Close eye work (computers, typing, reading, writing). Environmental exposures include but are not limited to: Blood-borne pathogen exposure and communicable diseases. Physical demands may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks. Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes, but is not limited to: head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
High School Graduate.
Minimum academic preparation includes completion of Bachelor of Science in Nursing from an accredited School of Nursing. An active and current registration as a Professional Registered Nurse in Kuwait or Country of Origin.
Basic Life Support Certification is required.
3-plus years’ experience in the performance of nursing skills relative to Registered Nursing, Occupational Health Nursing, or Emergency Room (ER) preferred. Current CPR/First Aid Provider/Instructor Certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) is preferred. HIPAA training certification is required (can be completed after joining). Experience authoring standard office correspondence, including generating simple letters, spreadsheets, or creating simple queries. Prior experience with OSHA and with the Military medical system and the current USCENTCOM Individual Protection and Individual-Unit Deployment Policy (currently CENTCOM “MOD 13”) is preferred.
Difficulty of Duties:Work activities are variable and require sound and effective judgment to complete tasks, such as setting priorities, managing schedules and deliverables, evaluating results, making recommendations, and coordinating with others.
Computer, interpersonal, managerial, and both oral and written communication skills required. Computer skills include a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Product Suite.
Title: Occupational Health Nurse Assistant (OCN)
Requisition ID: KBO001328
Clearance Level required at Start Date: No Clearance Required
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.