Vectrus PATIENT ADMINISTRATION SPVR in Kuwait
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Under the direction of the Medical Services Manager, provides direct supervision of assigned personnel and support activities for the ASG-KU Army Health Clinic (AHC) by coordinating services for the delivery of medical diagnostic, optical services for military personnel and transportation of patients in host-nation facilities.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Supervise the operational performance of the medical/dental records maintenance and provide support to the ASG-KU Health Clinic.
- Ensure that performance work statements and standards are in compliance with Government policies and regulations.
- Develop, implement, refine and inspects policies, procedures and file.
- Develops updates and maintains sections Internal Operating Procedures and work instructions.
- Oversees the initiation preparation, and maintenance of military personnel medical and dental records in accordance with Army regulation. Maintain strict accountability of all Medical and Dental records.
- Reviews work in progress and assure accurate results and to assess quality and quantity produced by employees.
- Perform periodic chart review, flags omissions, and refers them to the provider concerned for clarify of inconsistent data and resolution.
- Evaluate subordinate staff, comparing objectives and achievements in assessment; coaches employees in process improvements.
- Monitors established work schedules and assignments for staff, according to workload, space and equipment availability.
- Ensures functional area specific training designed to improve operational capabilities, employee performance and job competency are complete.
- Confers with CSD Manager on confidential matters (personnel actions, supervisory reports, etc.) in accordance with Vectrus policies.
- Interfaces with designated Government Representatives and other contractor elements to assure smooth operations and compliance with government directives, standards and needs.
- Support the Community Services Department Manager with the following: subcontractor teammate oversight; human resources; creating a positive environment that is fair, inclusive, and ethical; inspire and motivate employees by recognizing achievement; counsel, coach and mentor.
- Must be willing to work on holidays, short notices, all shifts, overtime and assigned to any Medical location in Kuwait. Vacation scheduling will also be dictated by mission requirements and determined independent from spouse if applicable.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Personal computer, laptops, scanners, printers, faxes, other network equipment and other general office equipment.
Work is generally office environment. However, duties will involve the conduct of work in the outdoors with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions including frequent dust storms, and high temperatures – up to 130 degrees in the summer months. Potential exposure to chemical or biological agents could exist. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in certain areas is required. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Must comply with all Fire, Safety and post policies. Normal work week is 48 hours, but must be able to work overtime or nights as required; to include, holidays.
Work may require heavy lifting (up to 65 pounds), stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents.
Education/Certifications : One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
Applicant should have knowledge of legal requirements for medical/dental records. They must working knowledge of US Army Health Care Facilities and Operations. . Must understand Privacy Act of 1974 and HIPAA guidelines. Applicant must have an Associate’s Degree or Higher. Coursework in medical coding and billing, transcription and computer applications, medical ethics, business communication and general office skills, health-care management preferred. Work experience may substitute education, on a year for year basis.
Must have experience in health care facilities and operations. Applicant must have minimum three (3) years customer-service experience. Applicant must have knowledge of Army medical operations and knowledge of medical / dental records management. Understands and complies with maintaining medical / dental records and patient information confidentiality in accordance with privacy rule of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). Should have one (1) year supervisory experience which demonstrates the ability to analyze problems, to identify significant factors, gather pertinent data, and recognize solutions.
Applicant must be able to work effectively with all levels of employees, including top, middle and supervisory levels of management. Applicant must be able to work independently. Applicant requires basic planning, organizing, and problem solving skills. Require excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Requires analytical skills, including the ability to extract, compile and analyze data. Applicant must be knowledgeable in MS Office software application such as Word, Excel and Access. They must be able to handle company information with confidentiality and discretion. Requires the ability, on occasion, to make presentations and inform through workshops, instruction, or other media.
Title: PATIENT ADMINISTRATION SPVR
Requisition ID: KBO001216
Clearance Level required at Start Date: No Clearance Required
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.