Vectrus Plumber, Lead (OCN) in Kuwait
Under general supervision, this position oversees construction, maintenance & Repairs on plumbing equipment and facilities related to the KBOSS contract. Conducts Field Surveys (FS) and Risk Assessments (RA’s) for potential construction projects. This task includes, but is not limited to the calculation of Bill of Materials (BOM), Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Labor Hours, Project Technical Approaches, Field /Technical Drawings, Project Assumptions and Job Safety Analysis (JSA).Ensures personnel exhibit superior workmanship and focus upon a quality product. Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure all tasks are accomplished safely and with a focus upon a quality. Will have direct oversight of Plumbers. Verifies actual hours they are worked by personnel to reduce manpower expenditure. Ensures personnelcompletes all tasks in accordance with the Public Works Safety Policy and K-BOSSS Environmental, Safety & Health directives. Provides Leadership and mentors junior personnel to develop appropriate skillsets. Addresses Customer concerns in a prompt, professional and courteous manner. Must have a home-country Driver License, and be able to acquire a U.S. Government Driver’s License.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Oversees installation, repairs, and maintenance on chilled water, steam, heat, water, gas, drainage, sewage, and other plumbing systems
- Supervises junior plumbers as they operate reamers, threading discs, sewer tapes, pipe cutters, snakes, other plumbing equipment and hand tools
- Inspects joints, valves, pumps, boilers, heaters, sinks, commodes, tanks, valves, lift stations and other plumbing system components to locate malfunctions
- Studies plans, drawings, specifications, and work orders to determine work requirements and sequence of repairs and/or installations
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections and corrective maintenance repairs on plumbing related items
- Assembles pipe sections, tubing, and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering
- Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks
- Reviews blueprints and building codes and specifications to determine work details and procedures.
- Prepares written work cost estimates
- Study building plans and inspects structures to assess material and equipment needs, to establish the sequence of pipe installations, and to plan installation around obstructions such as electrical wiring
- Keep records of assignments and produce detailed work reports
- Perform other duties as assigned
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings and other structures.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in the production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models. Materials used include: pipe, tubing, valves, solvents, lubricants, glue, metal, steel, copper, brass, stainless steel, cast iron, PVC, UPVC, HDPE, and other common plumbing materials
- Equipment used include: pumps, drills, saws, brazing torches, ladders, winches, safety equipment, hand tools, threading equipment, gauges, meters, lifts, scaffolding, shovels, picks, sledge hammers, jackhammer and assorted equipmentWORKING ENVIRONMENT:Duties will involve the conduct of work in the outdoors with potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions including frequent dust storms, and high temperatures – up to 130F degrees in the summer months. Potential exposure to chemical or biological agents could exist. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in certain areas is required. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Normal workweek is 48 hours, but must be able to work overtime or nights as required.PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
- Must be able to work in extreme climatic conditions where temperatures often exceed 130F. Must be able to lift 25lbs continuously and 50lbs intermittently.
- Must be in good physical condition, as position requires significant bending, reaching, squatting, crawling, twisting and turning
- Required to observe all safety and health requirements for office environment, warehouse, and outside environment.
- Must have professional appearance, consistent with local customs.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Requires vocational training required in building trades or equivalent.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license from country of origin for the purpose of obtaining and maintaining a valid Military or Kuwait Driver’s License.
- The ability to acquire and maintain a Smart Card.Experience:
- Approximately five (5) years combined experience in plumbing trade.
- Must have an excellent understanding of all safety directives and polices regarding the operation of equipment.
- Mechanical knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenanceSkills:
- Analytical skills to be able to solve work-related problems.
- Manual dexterity for installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Proficient English oral communications skills.
- Collaborative work style, fostering cooperation, and teamwork.
- Exercise discretion and good sound judgment.
- Basic computer skills.
Job: Technical Specialty/Skilled Trade
Title: Plumber, Lead (OCN)
Requisition ID: KBO001402
Clearance Level required at Start Date: No Clearance Required
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.