Vectrus Plumber, Senior (OCN) in Kuwait
Conducts and oversees scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on facilities.Installs, repairs, and maintains plumbing systems both inside facilities and systems that supply them.Performs and supervises installation and repairs on chilled water, steam, heat, water, gas, drainage, sewage, and other plumbing systems.Working conditions include inadequate lighting, restricted movement, dirty environment, air contamination, extreme temperatures, intense noise, hazardous materials, or lifting or carrying heavy objects.Verifies actual hours worked by personnel to reduce manpower expenditure.Completes all tasks in accordance with the local Environmental, Safety and Health directives.Shall use a Computer Maintenance Management System (Maximo) to correctly input data related to maintenance work orders, preventative maintenance inspections, and emergency/urgent repairs.Correctly captures data on maintenance work order requests and preventative maintenance inspection forms before upload into Maximo.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Performs installation and repairs on chilled water, steam, heat, water, gas, drainage, sewage, and other plumbing systems
- Operates reamers, threading tools, sewer tapes, pipe cutters, snakes, other plumbing equipment and hand tools
- Inspects joints, valves, pumps, boilers, heaters, sinks, commodes, tanks, valves, lift stations and other plumbing system components to locate malfunctions
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections and corrective maintenance repairs on plumbing related items
- Assembles pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering
- Performs other duties as assigned
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
- Materials used include: pipe, tubing, valves, solvents, lubricants, glue, metal, steel, copper, brass, stainless steel, cast iron, PVC, UPVC, HDPE and other common plumbing materials
- Equipment used include: pumps, drills, saws, brazing torches, ladders, winches, safety equipment, hand tools, threading equipment, gauges, meters, lifts, scaffolding, shovels, picks, sledge hammers, jack hammer and assorted equipmentWORKING ENVIRONMENT:Work is generally conducted on-site at maintenance and project locations in out-of-doors areas with potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions. Work may require lifting up to 50 lbs., stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in certain areas. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Must comply with OSHA, EPA, and Fire Regulations and published company work rules.PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:Physical requirements include lifting, climbing, extended sitting or standing, or other physical efforts that are normally required. In addition, visual acuity, hearing and speaking requirements would be considered. Consider this section carefully; any physical requirements must be able to be tied back to the major job activities. Refer to the general physical requirement, physical activities, visual acuity, and working conditions checklist for more information
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
- Vocational training required in plumbing or equivalent
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license from country of origin for the purpose of obtaining and maintaining a valid Military or Kuwait Driver’s License.
- Mechanical k nowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Must have excellent communication skills in English, both written and oralExperience:
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience as a Plumber
- Minimum two (2) years leadership experience in the Plumbing trade
- Completed plumbing apprenticeship preferred
- Must have an excellent understanding of all safety directives and polices regarding the operation of equipmentSkills:
- Must have excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment, and materials common to the plumbing trade
- Knowledge of the mechanical operation of equipment such as pumps, boilers, heaters, and other plumbing components
- Skill in the installation, repair, and maintenance of all types of plumbing systems
Job: Technical Specialty/Skilled Trade
Title: Plumber, Senior (OCN)
Requisition ID: KBO001056
Clearance Level required at Start Date: No Clearance Required
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.