Vectrus Transportation Management Coordinator in Qatar
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Under the direction of the Logistics Manager, operates the Commercial Travel Office (CTO).
Shall provide oversight and direction of personnel and subcontractors in the CTO and is responsible for PWS and Command Policy compliance for Official, Unofficial, R&R and emergency leave travel. Able to read and interpret military orders and be familiar with, and train subordinates on, applicable booking regulations and travel documentation requirements. Must be knowlegable in JTR/JFTR regulations as well as international reservations and ticketing. Must be able to become proficient in GDS (Sabre preferred) and GATES systems. Responsibilities include monitoring, interpreting and distributing all applicable CTO activity forms and reports, as well as ensuring timely and accurate reconciliation of payment systems. This job requires strong communication and customer skills, both written and verbal. Must possess great attention to detail as well as organizational and supervisory skills. Must have the flexability to adapt to ever-changing mission priorities and needs. Must be proficeint in Microsoft applications and possess a strong knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Provides technical direction and oversight of personnel to ensure service requirements are met according to contract requirements.
- Processes and controls all air travel movement records and documents.
- Acts as a liaison between the Subcontractor personnel and the ITO to resolve issues and obtain exception authorities when required.
- Develops, adapts, and implements policies and procedures to ensure the operational effectiveness of CTO operations to support contract requirements based on industry best practices.
- Provides training and supervision for personnel using automated computer systems and programs to process Air Travel (SABRE, GATES).
- Develops, implements, and maintains cost controls and identifies potential cost savings initiatives.
- Implements continous improvements to include motivating staff to promote ultimate traveler/customer satisfaction.
- Analyzes CBA/Reconciliation Reports and Refund Reports to identify potential discrepancies.
- Identifies training deficiencies and conducts on-the-job training as required.
- Ensures subordinates follow established guidance regarding quality, training, and safety programs.
- Ensures proper maintenance and control of all publications, forms, and files required for air travel operations.
- Compiles/reviews data and submits reports as required.
- Performs other duties and assignments as required.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
- Personal computer, printers, calculator, copy machine, and other office equipment.WORKING ENVIRONMENT:Duties will involve work inside with potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions, including frequent dust storms and high temperatures – up to 120F degrees in the summer months. Personal Protective Equipment includes, but is not limited to, head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices. Normal work week is 44-48 hours, but must be able to work overtime or nights as required.PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
- Must be able to work in extreme climatic conditions where temperatures often reach 120F. Must be able to lift 25 lbs. continuously and 50 lbs. intermittently.
- Must be in good physical condition as position requires significant bending, reaching, squatting, crawling, twisting, and turning.
- Required to observe all safety and health requirements for office environment, warehouse, and outside environment.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- High School graduate; college degree preferred.
- Prior experience as a US Army MOS 88N or Air Force 2T2X1 – Air Transportation, a plus.Experience:
- Ability to complete Lead Defense Travel Administrator training.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in similar role.
- Knowledge of U.S. Government travel regulations and applicability.
- One (1) year of travel industry experience to include management and financial management experience with direct responsibility for measuring, analyzing and controlling costs
- Work experience with GATES, and/or DoD 4500.9-R regulations preferred.SUPERVISORY/BUDGET RESPONSIBILITIES:Transportation Management Clerk
Job: Operations, Supply Chain&Logistics
Title: Transportation Management Coordinator
Requisition ID: QBO000205
Clearance Level required at Start Date: SF85P
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.