Vectrus Electrical Engineer in Wichita Falls, Texas
* POSITION SUMMARY: *
ME prepares drawings, specifications, schedules andcost estimates for design projects. Directs inspectors in constructionmanagement activities and solves construction issues as they arise. Developsengineering standards for installation facilities construction. Develops andchampions the installation’s goal to provide quality facilities. Evaluatesplans/criteria and completes special analyses supporting engineering effortsaccomplished by others. Provides technical expertise on a variety ofengineering activities. Liases with customers and supervisors to plan, manage,design, and supervise the construction of projects.
* MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES: * Pleaselist by order of priority and, if possible, provide the percentage of timespent on the activity all should equal 100%.
1. Developplans for installation of systems, utilization of facilities, or constructionof structures that comply with programmed scope and costs. Determine work classificationof project scope and work with contract programmer on issues arising from suchdeterminations.(50%)
2. Draft/supervisedrafting of detailed plans and construction documents. Assure drawings areprepared in compliance with appropriate drawing (tri-service) standards.Prepare detailed statements of work for construction projects.(20%)
3. Conferwith customer/supervisor to determine project details, such as scope of work,timing of work, phasing requirements, plan preparation, acceptance issues,special conditions, or other matters.(10%)
4. Participatein contract solicitation, bid review, award, and pre-work activities. Assurecontract documents (e.g. signed drawings, purchase requests, submittallistings, etc) are promptly prepared, executed and delivered.(10%)
5. Provideinput to the base Community Planner in development of the General Plan.Collaborate with the Community Planner, Planner/Programmer and shop craftsmenin developing long range infrastructure plans. Provides expertise inprioritiazation of work in preparing those plans.(5%)
6. Determinematerial quantities, labor requirements and other factors, and such informationin preparing detailed, accurate projections of construction costs. Preparedocuments presenting costs for use in programming projects, preparing budgetingplans, and assessing validity of contractor bids.(5%)
* MATERIAL & EQUIPMENTDIRECTLY USED: *
* WORKING ENVIRONMENT: *
Work conditionsrange from an office environment where there is little or no physicaldiscomfort to a flight line environment where inclement weather may subject theindividual to severe changes in temperature, wind, rain, etc. May be requiredto work in areas where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes,airborne particles, and electrical shock hazards.
* PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES: *
Activities rangefrom an office environment with extended sitting demands to a flight lineenvironment with climbing, standing, stooping, bending, pushing, kneeling,stretching, and walking demands. May occassionallly be required to lift objectswhose weight exceeds 30 pounds.
* MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: *
* Education/Certifications * : One year related experience may be substituted forone year of education, if degree is required.
Bachelor of Science Degree or higher in Electricalengineering. PE orEIT with theability to obtain Professional Engineering Licensure in Texas either byreciprocity or examination within 60 days required. Ableto qualify fora SECRET security clearance.
* Experience * :
5 years of electrical building and utility designexperience preferred. Power system, power distribution, lighting design, fireand life safey system, and construction coordination experience preferred. AutoCADexperience preferred. Air Force or DoD experience preferred.
* Skills * :
Possess Analytical abilities necessary tohandle extremely complex administrative, organizational, and contract matters.Basic knowledge of computers – able to input and extract data, preparebriefings, transmit documents. Possess excellent oral, written, andcommunication skills; able to address a variety of audiences. Attention todetail and execute on multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. Able tointeract with customers and company employees in a courteous, professional, andeffective manner.
* SUPERVISORY/BUDGETRESPONSIBILITIES: *
Title: Electrical Engineer
Location: TX-Wichita Falls
Requisition ID: SHE000113
Clearance Level required at Start Date: No Clearance Required
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.